Uplift! ★★★★★ 'new' Game!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Christoph, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I’m a filmmaker and did Motion Graphics for a living. First as an editor as well, now I work only as a photographer though. But I still do all myself when it comes down to games. So making a trailer is easy for me.

We were more. And we shared our journeys. A lot of help from each one to another. Now people come only to ask for help but most do not give back. Sometimes it feels that people are demanding that you solve their issues. Very strange idea of community.

comicsmathias likes this.
  2. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Hi @Christoph
    Very good job! I like your game, what marketing strategy do you follow for your game?

Christoph likes this.
  3. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Amazing Christoph! Super polished and clean. Gameplay builds up perfect and you were able to recreate the gameplay from my all time favorite Leap Day! I also just beat that 250 challenge :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Christoph likes this.
  4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

so you got 26 then @Phill Mason :rolleyes:

Christoph and Phill Mason like this.
  5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Yup, about that :)

Look @Christoph I'm only a cats-whisker away from the magical 250 :)

IMG_4377.PNG

Christoph likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You guys should all take note from @brakewind723 he knows how to play because he found out the pattern (pretty sure he did). You haven’t even seen the continue button. Haha. You need at least 50 points for that to appear.

7. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

I spent the last 18 hours trying man. The challenge really helped motivate me, an amazing tactic!

Skrubzy and Christoph like this.
  8. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

What's your score? I just got to 52 after like 3 fails at 24

EDIT: @Christoph I still don't see the continue button tho :rolleyes:

EDIT 2: Just got the continue button, I think it shows at 60 or 70

9. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

I once saw your game climbing the charts, and though yes, his marketing strategy worked, and he is a millionaire now ;)
    We had thought about doing that too, but though while no one is doing it, probably it must be a strategy that doesn't work! :)

10. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

@Christoph I should be working on my game but UpLink is too addicting :p Good luck to you

EDIT: I think you should get rid of the interstitial on the character unlock screen. I keep almost hitting the +50 booster, but an ad comes up right before I do...then I have watch 2 ads...that's if the booster is even still available after I finish the first advertisement (Most of the time it isn't)

Here's another edit...I keep finding stuff lol: The continue button shouldn't shake so much, it's hard to press sometimes (Or maybe the ad just comes up slow). I would recommend either reducing the shake, or overlay a static invisible button to click where the continue button/image is

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Skrubzy:
    Hmmmm interesting, there should be no interstitial in the character unlock screen at all. Are you sure you got one unlocking a character?
    What device are you running the game at? There is an invisible continue button (which doesn't move at all) so you can tap on it easily. I guess it's the ad that is loading slow...?

12. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

My phone is a Galaxy J7

I've found a lot of bugs with the continue button...I'm not sure how to explain or replicate them all, but I'll try:
    If I keep tapping where the continue button appears, sometimes it'll register as 2 clicks. It doesn't give me twice my score or anything, but it forces me to watch 2 ads instead of one. The game crashed once because I got 2 interactive ads at once, and I guess my phone can't handle that.

Other times, tapping the continue button plays a different sound, but doesn't do anything else (until you click again). I've found this happens most before the countdown gets to 3, it might be an issue with stationary continue button's key framing -- I think this is what happened when I was saying the continue button shakes too much...I also believe the advertisement was just running slow, but combined with this issue.

Sometimes after clicking the continue button and watching an ad, it doesn't put me into the game right away (I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I would like to play immediately after I just had to wait 30 seconds).

I'm not sure how to replicate this bug, it might just be random, but sometimes the character doesn't start on the bar which has the "+50" action. Usually, it gets triggered when I jump up onto the next bar...it might be an issue with my specific phone size (I think the hypotenuse is 5.5 inches, if that helps)

Sometimes after I click the continue button, I'll be put in a game...but once I die, I'll be offered to continue again. This happened like 6 times in a row once. It only gives me +50 points the first time, but every time after that, I start from my previous score (The +50 image is still shown). According to other successful games, like Color Switch, you should only be offered to continue once a death...if that makes sense...

I haven't clicked to unlock a character in a while, and I haven't experienced the "random" interstitial since the last time. I'm not sure if it was a fluke and just happened to appear while I was on the character screen (Even though it happened multiple times...probably not a fluke lol) but I'll start unlocking characters more...to test this, totally not cause I'm addicted or anything :)

Christoph likes this.
  13. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Ok so I think the last sentence of the first paragraph (Not counting my phone model) was wrong. I just pressed on the continue button, but it didn't do anything (until I started playing the game again) I had tapped the screen once and then the ad came up, and after it finished annoying me, the game crashed :mad:

I remember now that this is what happened before, except that time it played 2 interactive ads (Instead of one video, which is what just happened this time) before crashing.

Christoph likes this.
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Wow, thanks Skrubzy. And not sure what to say lol. But it is exactly setup like you say and since this moment I never have seen problems with it. Yes, it takes some time to get back into the game after watching a rewarded ad but that's because of how Heyzap works with Buildbox. And I do believe that all the problems you stated are existing, it's just that I can't fix them. lol. Welcome to the limitation of Buildbox. Crazy though that you see two ads at the same time. lol. Everybody else having such troubles with the game?

15. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

It took me like an hour to write that first message lol I got some things wrong (I realize now that there's different reward buttons that do different things). None of it is extremely obtrusive though, the game is still playable (Players might get mad about the game crashing a lot though) and the leader-board might get a little broken with the repetitive rewards, but for the most part, the game is still super enjoyable and addicting :)

EDIT: I had the game installed before I even knew it was made with BuildBox...Before I started specifically looking for bugs, I hadn't discovered any (I also hadn't realized there was a continue button, so that might be why I didn't find any bugs)

Christoph likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Repetitive continue shouldn’t be possible. This was actually a feature I asked for and the Buildbox crew was so kind of implementing it. Definitely shouldn’t happen and I thought it was working correctly. At least with all the tests I made. Have to look at it again.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

17. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE BBDOC FOR THIS GAME FOR FREE??

andre_sprs and Christoph like this.
  18. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Pattern?

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Here you go! ;)

Attached Files:

comicsmathias likes this.
  20. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer