Bb 2.3 + Xcode 9.2 + Ios 11 Upload - How To?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

For the final release of Buildbox 2.3 there are some small extra steps to follow in order to upload your game to iTunesConnect. I saw boxers ask this in several threads so I thought I would share the steps here:

Steps like usual:
    1. Export your game from Buildbox
    2. Drag and drop your iOS folder of your game into Xcode
    3. Click on BBPlayer and select in the general tab your App Signing Team
    4. Adjust your Version number and Build number (Example: Version 1.0.0 / Build 1)

Extra steps:
    5. Select BBPlayer/Assets.xcassets and then click on the AppIcon in the first column. This will show you different app icons for different devices. You need to add manually all empty icons with the correct resolution. For example for iPhone Notifications it says 20pt. The empty field says 2x. So you need to add an icon with resolution of 2x20pt which is the same as 40x40 pixels. Do this for all of the empty fields.

PRPeA_e2TLCJDrTnxYv7dQ.png
    (image courtesy of another boxer)

6. Then go to BBPlayer/Info.plist and delete the Icon file (click on the minus sign).
    index.png

Now with these two extra steps you can archive your game and upload it without any errors to iTunesConnect.

This is for BB 2.3. It's possible that with a next version there will come an automated fix for this. I don't know. But until then happy archiving. :)

2. tite

tite Boxer

Thank you for this

3. lqur

lqur Boxer

Thanks for the info!
    Hope that we will have an update 2.3.1 soon...

4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so much @Christoph great as always!