Opinion after the video about B.B. 2.0

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by lekanoofficial, Dec 10, 2015.

1. lekanoofficial

lekanoofficial Boxer

It is unrealistic to cool! I sat there with my mouth open and was just in shock, it is generally in excess of praise! I applaud standing!

2. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I can't wait to get my hands on it. I can build the game I have had planned for over a year now without compromising anything.

horn_nicolas, Rebel Studios and Jamie like this.
  3. lekanoofficial

lekanoofficial Boxer

4. abc123

abc123 Boxer

It´s really incredible!! I would like to know if a file created with BB1 will be able to be opened in BB2 and reconfigured!! My game had lvels but with a lot of scenes and those new level selectors are just what i needed!

5. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

A lot of the game ideas I had I could not build with Buildbox 1, even at its current build, but Buildbox 2 will allow me to build these games now. Still, as Team Buildbox says, restrictions breed creativity - because of buildbox 1 I did come up with neat game ideas that I hope to build out, and now I can build some of those creativity-under-restriction ideas out with either version of buildbox. Really anxious to get started with Buildbox 2! :)

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is crazy. If all is working the way it should I'm all in. Treys game The Pit looks amazing and will be a huge success. What I don't understand is why they don't use Buildbox Games to publish. Would be the perfect opportunity to have an US feature. It seems we will have several weeks with Ketchapp and a lot of Buildbox games which already are made with version 2. That will be fun.

Right now I'm a little overwhelmed with all the new features and possibilities. Will have to see how I can implement one or the other thing into my game before releasing. I saw different collision shapes for jump and slide animations. This is fantastic. The level editor is great. Actually, everything is superb. For sure I will put a secret level with a tons of gems into it.

One question Buildbox team:
    When is the final date I can purchase the early access?

7. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Ketchapp has a huge network of existing players so they can get millions of downloads. It always looks better if your game can get millions of downloads.
    Guessing their is no final date. If they launch January 31, and you buy early access December 10th you get lots of early access and if you buy January 25 you don't get very much early access

8. pukaw888

pukaw888 Boxer

totally impressive and cool

9. tomwhite3d

tomwhite3d Boxer

Very cool can’t wait!

10. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

HOLY COWABUNGAAAA!!! With Bbox2... some of our games that are on hold esp the Metal Slug concept game we are now able to make it!! SO COOL!! Left our jaws dropping....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  11. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Yeah, you guys had me at "Multiple Worlds" and "menu animation options" the way Jerry Mcguire had Rene at 'Hello' ;)
    Everything else was just one more hello after another. Excited for Jan 2016

12. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

my opinion about BB 2.0:

- it's awesome... I can't wait to put my hands on it. The features Trey managed to show us during the presentation I think are really just scratching the top layer... and I am confident that many other gems will be discovered...

My only dislike... I have to wait ! :D

13. ginohawkins

ginohawkins Boxer

Looks freakin'amazing!

< and yes I signed up straight after watching the presentation haha

14. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

For me the Particle Editor and the Keyframe Animation Editor is just a necessary thing which is existing in many other game engines and game designer environments. I used SpriteBuilder/Cocos2D and Unity3D before and I really missed these features from BB.

Having said that BuildBox key feature is none of these. BuildBox key feature in my opinion is the ease of use (this also mentioned by Trey on that video). It just makes things happen without worrying of coding time, effort and bugs. In Unity actually you can buy stuff, you can buy scripts and extension for virtually anything. That is awesome but many times you end up thinking: "This is not exactly what I want", so you end up tweaking a code, and just add this and fix that and it takes time and the possibility that something might break later on in the worse possible way.

You just skip these awful things with BuildBox and enjoy creating games instead. I am just happy to see that these features been added to 2.0 and even things that had been impossible in BB 1.x is now available to us -- so we do not need to think if either we do not do something or we do but not with BB...

Overall I think this is a great continuation of the BuildBox product line!

15. hellouae

hellouae Boxer

TreySmith you are really the man.If you continue as this to the end we'll have another Steve Jobs. You devoted a lot of efforts to bring this buildbox to life and really deserve the money that you get . Your performance and taking care of all BuildBox aspect it's really amazing.
    Keep good work and Hoe that you make a massive discount for the customers that bought the buildBox 1 before October because they paid already a lot of money , for example you can give them the new version for $500 - $800 . It's just a suggestion and I am not writing this for myself . I was waiting for the new release., but I tried to put myself in their place.

Really You are amazing people and amazing Working Staff

16. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

17. buman

buman Boxer

A little disappointed that BB2 still dedicated to the side scroller gameplay only. I am still looking way to make some puzzle such as match3 game on BB that already support long ago buy other engines from Coco2dx,Gamesalad, gamemaker studio, to Constructs 2.
    There is not detail about the achievements, mutilplay and support platforms...
    I am still upgrading anyway and wait some more :D

18. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

i wonder what happened to the vs mode :) @TreySmith any pvp and multiplayer in bbox2? ;)

19. Chris Goodman

Chris Goodman Boxer

Very excited this completelety opens up the game I'm working on, one thing I noticed on the video and that is actions was completely skipped in fact it wasn't even highlighted, is this a further extra feature hidden away I wonder.

20. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Yeah, BB1 games should be compatible with BB2 :)