Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stockdevelopers

stockdevelopers Boxer

i JUST WANT TO ASK I I WILL BUT 2675$ MASTER COLLECTION IS THAT FOR LIFE TIME. i MEAN TO SAY NO MORE MONTHLY AND YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION UNTIL I WANT TO BUY BUILDBOX 4 IF IT COMES LATER ON.

jUST CLEAR MY THOUGHTS THAT
    2675$ LICENCE IS FOR LIFETIME AND IT WILL NOT EXPIRE EVER? I MEAN TO SAY IN FOLLOWING YEARS?

2. ProvideDigital

ProvideDigital Boxer

If this software exported anything scriptable/customizable from outside the "box" I would consider it. How anyone can justify paying for software that is currently vaporware is beyond me.‍♂️

I've had a beta that hasn't been updated in 6 months, a build process that doesn't work for latest iOS and a monthly fee for a buggy product I can't even customize or attempt to fix/workaround it's many limitations with programming.

I'm cancelling my subscription all of this is too little too late and beyond the pale asking for $3000 for software that may never be released given their current record.

3. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

Exactly we will pay more therefore we should also be rewarded. I cant cancel my monthly subscription and buy the one time purchase or the master collection or else I would.

4. stevenalanfinch

stevenalanfinch Boxer

So, does anyone know if buildbox help put together a game like this one?

Three thousand dollars is an awful, awful lot of money for a bit of software, and for me, it would have to function flawlessly. As I understand it Unity was used for the Monument Valley game and their pricing seems far more reasonable.

5. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

First of all Thanks a lot to Astro Games for recording the Event, since the time of the event wasn't for working people in Europe ;-)! Thanks!

Astro Games and blad300 like this.
  6. stockdevelopers

stockdevelopers Boxer

i JUST WANT TO ASK I I WILL BUT 2675$ MASTER COLLECTION IS THAT FOR LIFE TIME. i MEAN TO SAY NO MORE MONTHLY AND YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION UNTIL I WANT TO BUY BUILDBOX 4 IF IT COMES LATER ON.

jUST CLEAR MY THOUGHTS THAT
    2675$ LICENCE IS FOR LIFETIME AND IT WILL NOT EXPIRE EVER? I MEAN TO SAY IN FOLLOWING YEARS?

7. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Yes, @stockdevelopers that is correct. It is a lifetime license to those products.

8. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Don’t worry, you most definitely can. :). Check the bottom of the page here for an explanation:

https://go.buildbox.com/master-collection/

In short, when you purchase Master Collextion 2, we will automatically stop your subscription.

9. NemoPiXL

NemoPiXL Boxer

What about if I am on a mid way of a year access?

10. Kbr954

Kbr954 Boxer

Hey Moderator, you still did not answer my question below:
    "One more question: I see ordering it requires a credit card. I can pay that way, but for a few reasons, would MUCH rather not. Can I pay by way of transferring money from my checking account or funds transfer from bank?"

11. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Yes, because this is considered an upgrade, you are allowed to purchase this and stop your subscription.

12. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

I don’t have that information, but please ask support@buildbox.com and they can help. Thanks :)

13. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I REALLY like the GameMaker Studio payment system. BuildBox could be free and come without any default export platforms, but you could buy what you need for a reasonable price (maybe $100 for each platform)? Or the price could be dynamic, ranging from $100 to $200 depending on how active the specific platform's marketplace currently is. This way, the developer would be making more money (Because they're putting the app on multiple platforms) meaning that the BuildBox team would be making $100-$200 for each platform the successful developer decides to add. Think of it this way, @Buildbox , if a game created with BB is successful on Google Play, other Build Box developers would want their app to be seen as well; so the other developers would buy the Android export module and you would be making more money -- because of a single successful game. Seeing that many of the games created with your software are great, the BuildBox team would be making much more money every month than a subscription currently costs a year. It's a good plan, and I quite honestly find it stupid how you charge indie developers $3000 for a product that might not even make a return for the developer. If the software was cheaper (Or free until you need to export) much more people would be using it, making you a lot more money in the short-run.

tite likes this.
  14. NemoPiXL

NemoPiXL Boxer

15. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

You shouldn't have to pay anywhere near $3k, if any charge at all, to test beta-stage buggy software...

16. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@Buildbox what they were saying is that it is not financially possible for them to stop the subscription and pay outright the 2765 or whatever for the master collection just like a lot of people here including me.

david gianotti likes this.
  17. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

well, that is not entirely correct though.
    the $2600+ price buys you a perpetual license to BB2... but to make sure you don't worry about having to upgrade again soon, buying now they include a perpetual license to BB3 with early beta access... Of course you could simply keep using BB2 full license and only start using BB3 when is ready and out of Beta. You do not HAVE to test the Beta.

Also their current offer is to include the other software tools like VoxelBox, etc... so no, you are not paying to test... you are buying BB2 and the other tools, and the deal includes license to BB3 for whenever it will be out and ready to use.

They are being upfront about BB3 not being ready yet.
    The main question is are the other tools VoxelBox, SoundBox, AnimationBox, PIxelbox fully finished bug free products ready to be used trouble free?

18. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

And then after that the question is will they continue to be updated. From what I heard they kinda totally ditched the software in the first master collection and sis no updates to them.

Skrubzy and hokuto_tc like this.
  19. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

To answer the last question simply: No. There is no way that the BuildBox team has managed to find every single bug (in all 6 of the new programs) Without releasing an alpha/beta release prior. I bet issues will still be found a few years from now, that's just how software works. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any bugs, I'm just pointing out that it takes a while to fully find and fix the software gore -- Which makes the program not worth $3,000 upfront (In my opinion). I would like to beta test BuildBox 2.3 and 3.0 before buying, to see if the bugs are maintained and worth my $3k...but that's just me, I'm one or those rare non-rich indie developers.

hokuto_tc likes this.
  20. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I forgot to include my main argument: The $2650 price tag or whatever it costs only lasts for 1 week. In that time period, no where near all the bugs will be resolved -- But if you don't buy now and deal with glitch-y software, it'll cost you so much more money later (And you'll still have to wait a few months before you can buy it again). That's just stupid to me, I don't understand why BuildBox thinks this is a good marketing strategy...And I'm more confused about why it's working.

thatguyminib likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.