Number Of Menus And Ui's

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by eyal, Jan 23, 2017.

1. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Hi,

I have 4 worlds
    Each world has 16 levels (worlds)
    Each level (World) has it's on UI and it's on UI for end level - the reason for that is because I need each world to open the next world and when I try to do it with one UI it cannot be done.
    Number of Atlases - 8
    As I continue working on the BB file it get's slower - not the game - the file itself - to work on
    1. Is it going to effect my game ?
    2. Is there a way to make it more "classy and elegant" [​IMG]

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, check if you do not repeat images in the Atlasses, you dont reduce images, if you use solid colors, use 32x32px,
    I have had problems with music of more than 2Mb, or many 1Mb music files, try to remove all background music of the game and work without the music, but with the effects.

Any cuestion, PM.

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

At my experience the bigger the BBDOC gets the slower load time you will experience -- but that should not affect the game itself unless you have a giant BBDOC that fills up all available runtime memory on the device.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to test your game on an iPhone 5 or 5s and if that plays well people will have a good experience overall. Mind you on iPhone 5 it takes lot longer to load than on iPhone 7 but you should still be able to play normally.

SuperVudu and eyal like this.
  4. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

any other solution to what I need to do ?

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Solution to what specifically? I would agree with what @trudnai is stating. The larger the BBDOC is getting the more time it's going to take to save for example. Try using the "Remove Unused..." tools if you haven't already. We are working on better data handling perfomance in the 2.3 release.

eyal likes this.
  6. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

a solution to this -
    I have 4 worlds
    Each world has 16 levels (worlds)
    Each level (World) has it's on UI and it's on UI for end level - the reason for that is because I need each world to open the next world and when I try to do it with one UI it cannot be done.
    Number of Atlases - 8

and you can see what I did in my map

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We did this with Wall Switch in the Challenge mode. Here is a video showing how to use lock button and unlock logic:

In the game won UI you would use an unlock logic to unlock the button that leads to the next scene and set the destination of that button to "Next Scene". You might run into a complication if you currently using multiple scenes in each level/world. This should give you a good starting point at least.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@Andy, the "unlock Next Scene" is still a bit blurry for me to be honest. How a scene can be locked? And the other thing which is not clear to me that you need to place the logic on a UI element that is attached on top of the World, right? So then you need to wire it back to the same world if you need to unlock stages within that world? Would not it be a conflict like infinite recursive loop or something like that?

eyal likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The scene itself is not locked, but there would be no way to access is but through a lock button.

I'll create a BBDOC that demonstrates the setup. I realize it's not the easiest thing to setup. Don't be afraid to ping me here in a few days if you don't see the BBDOC... things are quite busy at the moment.

eyal and trudnai like this.
  10. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

I believe that you know what you are saying but I have to second with @trudnai - if I do what you say, and I have 16 "worlds" per world - when I do next scene then in which world ? if there is only one UI then it will lead to the same world over and over.

My questions about the complexity of the menus that I did -

1. Does it effect loading times ? I was told that number of atlases and sound effects that
    2. Is there a more elegant way of doing it

11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Ping :)

Christoph and playsgames6666 like this.
  12. scott

scott Boxer

Has a BBDOC been posted that demonstrates this - or are we still waiting on it? Would be helpful to see it or know where it is posted.