Player just flies upwards

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by epcartoonz, Dec 9, 2015.

1. epcartoonz

epcartoonz Boxer

I can't jump (im trying to do air jump game with no platforms) scrnsht.png

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Jump counter is set to 0 in your screen.

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Have you tried to give it more jump force? Around 100 should be fine

4. PeterB

PeterB Boxer

@epcartoonz after 6 hours or so of wall punching, I think I've finally solved the NO JUMP issue, which has also been preventing me from release for 9 months now.

If this doesn't solve it, it may be down to your game direction - mine is zero in my current working model.

The jump timeout needs to be greater than 1. That's essentially it.
    Then the jump force you just need to hammer until the dang thing moves. Type 1200 in the Y jump force and take it from there.

NOW I'm just waking up, so you need to check this through!!
    But if your game direction is -90, which way is jump? Is it still Y, or is it X. Or a minus version. That may be a red herring!
    But the non jump thing has held me back for 9 months now, so this is all I've discovered so far. Honestly game direction confuses the heck out of me.

What I have now (finally) is a shell where my player can do EVERYTHING (if I want) in all directions, including JUMP & spin.
    But my current game direction is 0, which I "believe" (I could be oh so wrong) is left to right = X.
    In this case JUMP is indeed positive Y.

ONE OTHER THING - I "believe" (I could be oh so wrong) that DIRECT MOVEMENT needs to be ticked as you are asking the controls to act on the characters (not just game play actions or physics).

Also is that doesn't work, try ticking IMAGE DIRECTION too, for a full house ;-) (mine is)
    because I want my graphic to point the way it is going.

I hope that helps!
    I was up to 5am last night to try and finally, after 9 months, have a shell that behaves like I want it to play,

I sweat there's like a ghost in the machine (bug) with these gameplay settings, because they seem to defy all logic when they feel like it - aka a depending what state you start from.

BTW make sure you CLOSE the preview window, before expecting to see the GS changes.
    Still in 1.3.5 the changes going live, are still as flakey as heck (on PC)!!
    Dual monitors be damned too.

Have fun jumping with joy ;-)
    Peter

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015