Any tool to generate smooth frames

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sysads, Dec 9, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I was wondering if there is any tool one can use online to generate frames for a png file so it makes expand and retract smoothly

Thanks

2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

You'll likely have to purchase animation software for these kinds of animation purposes, one that can export at varying frames per second

3. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

5. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

After looking at what it does, it seems you could accomplish it that way. I am guessing you have tried PNGs in an action with the animation in order of the expand/contract? If so, was it not smooth enough for you?

6. PeterB

PeterB Boxer

aypk imho animation smoothness is just about the size of the changes and number of steps and over what time.
    So if you want it smooth, either use more frames, or do it in less time.
    The number of steps is limited more by you & memory/performance.

What I found is that if you say drag in 4 sequenced images to a BuildBox sprite, it does what it does.
    If you then go in to EDIT that sprite in buildbox, you can use the bottom right frames and duration to change the animation smoothness.

12 frames per second is debatabely smooth enough. (I'm grunge, so I'm even happy with 8.)
    So if you only have 6 frames, do it in half a second (same thing)

Otherwise create more steps and have more frames in your animation, playing at something like over 12fps..

Many "GIF makers" or flash banner style makers will do tweening (interim steps) for you and some can export as a series of say PNGs.

Personally I just use photoshop, or the free PIXLR.com online art package to create a sequence of layers to create the animation, and then export each one as a transparent PNG.

If it's truly a "menu", then you might find you can cheat and draw the shell moderatly vanilla, and then fade in the actual items quickly. A bit like Disney taking a genie out of a bottle. You don't see its eyes and hair while he's still smoke.

Maybe that helps?

Peter.

7. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

brashmonkey is good :) cuts down on lots of work n processes... however if you hv purchased the BBox Master collection then animation box works the same :)

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

AnimationBpx is only a set of predefined rig animations. You can do a limited modification on the rig as well as some tricks to do cool stuff with it, but all in all it is not a full blown keyframe editor unfortunately.

horn_nicolas likes this.
  9. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

trudnai and PeterB like this.