How Can I Make The Game Frame Stationary?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Triton_, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Triton_

Triton_ Boxer

Hello!

I am starting a new project, and am trying to achieve a certain look that I am having trouble accomplishing.

In my scene, I have a bouncing ball, and an isometric path that the ball follows.
    But every time the ball bounces up, the game frame follows the ball and moves up and down.

I want to achieve a look similar to the BuildBox game, "The Pit", where when the character bounces, the game frame does not move and the obstacles move in a straight path.

Here is a screenshot of what my project and game frame look like so far.

https://gyazo.com/d4e0b52f32c319f4d9351e64ced17e1d

You can see that the game frame moves up when the ball bounces and down when the ball falls, it also slows down when the ball comes into contact with the platform.

Would it be possible to make the game frame stationary?

Thanks!

2. Triton_

Triton_ Boxer

I think it is moving when the character slows down when it touches the ground, is it possible to keep it from slowing down and at a constant pace?

3. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

Make the game frame y the size of the view screen. Check out the tutorial video on how to make Ball Jump

4. Triton_

Triton_ Boxer

I have tried this, but it just moves my character up to the top of the screen, and it still moves up and down with the character.

Is it possible I could make the ball only move up/down and have the platforms move towards the character at a constant pace, instead of the ball moving forward onto the platforms?