Issue With Google Play Services

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Snow, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Snow

Snow Boxer

Hey guys,

I have searched a lot for this and I don't know why nobody noticed or if it is just me. A couple of weeks ago I published a game on play store, with everything set up correctly, yet when I downloaded the game on my phone, it couldn't load into google play services. Instead I got the message: "Google play services error: couldn't sign in" which got me wondering. I checked if I had set everything up correctly, double checked, triple checked, everything seemed fine, but I would still get the error.

Then I downloaded the game on my friend's phone, to see if my phone was the problem, but still the same issue.
    I was pulling my hair when I finally decided to download a different buildbox game published by someone else. AND BOOM, still the same error. I went to the "game showcase" section and started downloading games from the play store. NOT a single game could load the google services.

Please prove me wrong, please tell me there's something wrong with my phone or my accounts. If you have an android device go ahead and download a game from the game showcase section and tell me if you have the same issue.

I really hope I am being stupid or missing something here, because this is a big problem. And since there's so many people publishing on play store and NOBODY noticing or experiencing this, chances are that I am the one doing something wrong. Please let me know of your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

2. Snow

Snow Boxer

Hmmm, guys?
    Can anyone give me 3 minutes of their time and download a game from the game showcase section from playstore? It won't take long, I just need to know whether the problem is with me or with buildbox. Please?

3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Just downloaded some games and all work fine.
    Even buildbox games are working fine.
    Though i am having trouble with trying to add a game to game services in the google play console keeps giving me an unexpected error.
    Which is weird. I was thinking maybe there is a problem on the google side.
    But as i said i tried a few games and some random games and all signed in fine.
    Maybe try and make another account and see if that works .
    Does your friends accounts work signing in?

Forgive and Snow like this.
  4. Snow

Snow Boxer

Well man, first of all thank you for taking the time to do that. I appreciate it!
    But now I am noticing something strange. I downloaded a couple of other games from the game showcase and the google play services load fine. However, the games I downloaded the other day still dont work.
    What I am thinking it's maybe something with the version of buildbox the games were made with... I dont know, I am feeling desperate...Now that I know that certain buildbox games work fine on my phone, then the problem is not my accounts. And I set up EVERYTHING correctly on the google developer console, I checked like 8 times and even did everything from scratch, but still nothing.. I get the same error when trying to load google play services on phone... Please try a couple of the games that show the same error on my phone and tell me :

Synewaves
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gtegames.synewaves

Circly
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velcigames.circly

I apologize for the trouble guys, I am just trying to figure things out! A massive thank you to anyone who helps!

5. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

I know Synewaves doesn't work as he stated in his post that he didn't set up game services.
    Also not many people use game services as they don't know how or can't be bothered

Snow likes this.
  6. Snow

Snow Boxer

Hmm, thanks man.

I feel like hell right now though, because it seems that the problem is with my set up, its the only explanation.. I just can't explain what I missed or left behind, as I checked everything many times... Maybe I will ask someone who has successfully integrated google play services, what exactly they did.

Either way thanks for the help, thanks to you I know what my next step is going to be.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  7. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

That's cool,
    Least you now know where to start looking.
    It will be something really stupid and little that you have missed or done wrong.
    Just re check it all again, check the basics-
    Game services id
    Leaderboard id
    Check that you have linked your app.
    Sounds stupid but check you published it in game services.
    Made 5 achievements, even though they don't work.
    Also check you have your account listed for testing.
    Not sure if this is your first time with google play, but it's confusing at first then after the first time. It's easy.
    I don't even check anymore I just presume it's all good lol

Christoph likes this.
  8. Snow

Snow Boxer

Oh well, I just checked everything again, uploaded an update apk with new IDs to be sure (5th time I did that btw), added another 4 achievements , still doesn't work.

I don't get it.
    Game services for the game- Published
    Leaderboard inside google services for the game- Published
    Linked apps for the game services- Game correctly (triple checked) linked
    Even added 5 achievements

IDs- correct and in the correct positions(checked like 10 times and uploaded 5 update apks)

I am giving up... Anyway thanks for the tips and help man, I want you to know that I appreciate it.

When I find out what the issue is I will post, lets just hope that it won't take me an eternity to do so.. Why does it have to be so freaking hard?

adrogdesigns likes this.
  9. Snow

Snow Boxer

Anyone? I tried for weeks and wasn't able to find a solution.... I gave up on that game,then when tried to upload a new one, had the same issue. I am sure I am doing EVERYTHING correct as posted here, yet every time i get the "google play services error" on my phone. Anyone had any similar issues?

https://www.buildbox.com/publish-android-pre-build/

10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Try different Gmail account, or try on others devices, maybe you and your friend have a problem a software problem
    also check that you are connected online,

11. Snow

Snow Boxer

With all due respect, I am not an idiot. Yeah, maybe I am missing something, but it's been weeks. I have tried everything in three weeks to find out what the problem was, and when I say everything i mean everything.

And my game had 1000 downloads on google play, and many people complained about the issue.
    Needless to say, the leaderboard is empty, which means that noone was able to sign into google play services.

I also contacted the google play support, which was undeniably the worst experience of my life. Not because of their incompetence, but because of mine. I am not a coder, but these guys are. So any conversation we had was like chinese to me.

I couldn't deal with this anymore, so I decided to move on and make another game. And guess what, STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. I don't even know why I am still asking about this, since nobody seems to be able to help me...

What I am hoping is for someone who had the same problem and fixed it to see this post and reply. What can it be?

.I updated the SDK's on eclipse via the android SDK manager
    .The ID's are all correct and in the correct positions (YES, i am 100% sure)
    .The app is linked to google play services
    .I have published the google play services for the game

I don't know what I did wrong

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Have you selected this in your project within Eclipse adding effectively google play services to your game?

1.jpg

13. Snow

Snow Boxer

Well, no. But I have some questions.
    a) if i need to do this every time, why is this the first time I've heard about it, in spite of all the searching that I have done?
    b) why doesn't it get mentioned in the official buildbox guide for play store publish?

Also, how do I do this?

What I do is open eclipse, select import and import the folder which was extracted by buildbox, which brings along with the google play services library as well. But aren't they already connected, since when I build the apk I select both of them, as instructed in the guide?

Basically how do I reach the UI you are presenting me here in the picture that you uploaded, from here? where do I need to go?

Attached Files:

14. Snow

Snow Boxer

Anyway, since I am 90% sure that this is not the issue, does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this? Like, run the game and see exactly where is the problem which causes the error, instead of trying to figure out every step of the process?

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

lol. why don't you just try and say thanks to all the people who are helping you? I'm pretty sure this will solve your issue.

16. Snow

Snow Boxer

Well, look. I'm sorry. But every time I come to this forum is because it's my last resort. When things get really really bad, when I spend a lot of hours/ days continuously searching for a solution that I can't find. So every time I come here I am 90% helpless, desperate, and wanting to bang my head against the wall. And that brings out the "salty" me, because the last thing I want to hear is some "have you tried turning it on and off" answers.

But I get it, everybody is just trying to help and I am being rude and yeah., it sounds bad.

I am not trying to sound ungrateful. I know that there are a lot of people that have spent hundreds of hours to figure out stuff (like you) and shared it so others (like me) don't have to go through the same brain- busting process. And I totally respect that.

But right now, I feel like I have been trying to figure this thing for more than a month and I wasn't able to make it work. And I am pretty sure that it's gonna be something really small and stupid in the end.

And I also came across some other posts of people facing the same problem, but I wasn't able to reach them.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  17. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

I know how that feels bro :/

18. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

It is going to be something simple and stupid, but unfortunately there is only so much help that can be given. Without seeing your game services setup and bb info. We can't really help and see the problem.
    And your developer console is probably something you don't want people to access.
    But if you send me a message I'm willing to a Skype video and help you out. I understand your frustration, but without seeing what's going on people can only help with suggestions.
    So if you want message me and depending on your time zone I can give you a hand,

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Have you emailed support@buildbox.com? If it is a simple configuration issue we can usually sort it out rather quickly. Just send you BBDOC and screenshots of your developer console config.