3d Isometric View

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Yoocris, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

Hey guys!

Question: In any preset can be changed the angles to get a 3D effect, like in ISO presets?
    I'm asking because I have already tried to do this in a few presets, but the effect is that the progress is done or ascending gradually until the character and the other graphics come out of the scene, or descending, following the same effect.

Thanks!

2. Innovativeideas

Innovativeideas Boxer

Iso
    If you wanna make isometric games then there are 3 presets in buildbox iso jump iso slide. iso cubes.
    In this presets u can change the world setting as per required upload_2017-9-1_20-54-37.png Other then that if you change any other preset then you need to change the world settings accorrdingly. Easy way is to note down the presets of iso games and change the world settings in your required preset.
    In ISO game it is important to set the game frame for the movement of the object . upload_2017-9-1_20-57-46.png

AaroArts and Yoocris like this.
  3. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

Hello Innovativeideas, thanks!

I started playing a little bit in one of the ISO presets, but I already got stuck in some gravitational issues. :)
    You can see here a video about what I mean (it's just a link to my Drive account).
    If I play a little with the "Gravity" parameter in the "World" settings, the character starts to climb (or vice versa) as it progresses (as you can see here).

I guess solving is simple, but I'm unable to find it right now...
    Anyone?! :(

Innovativeideas likes this.
  4. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

Check this out buddy... It's what I've based my ISO game on. BTW true ISO is at -30 degrees :)

Yoocris and Innovativeideas like this.
  5. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

Awesome, it's just what I needed !
    Thanks!

Innovativeideas likes this.
  6. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

At a second thought, I still could not find an answer to my problem...

First of all, I did not find any Custom preset (as in the clip above) and if I try with other presets, nothing comes out. In ISO Jump, even if I put -1000 on y Gravity, all that happens is that the character goes downwards, as it advances, it does not fall when a platform ends.
    I tried, also, with other presets, like Flappy, raising the bottom platforms somewhat higher and canceling their enemy quality, but when I turn everything to -15 degrees, during the character's progress, after a few scenes, all the graphics in the game reach the top of the scene. Even if I minimize just the angle of platform and character, I still can not suppress the effect, more than that, a step effect occurs, between scenes.

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Start a new BB project with the ISO Jump preset, everything, including the platforms and scene angles will be all set up ready for you :D

8. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

Yes, I've already done this, please read the #3 and #6 posts.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

It's because you're using ghost jump.
    The characters not changing position on the y axis, only the collision box is.
    You may want to check your forced movement and your boundary settings too.

If you want to jump on platforms, don't use ghost jump, use an advanced move and physically move your character up.
    Ghost jump is best for just avoiding obstacles.

10. Yoocris

Yoocris Boxer

You mean to delete the Ghost Jump section ?!

11. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

Yes

12. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

You want to set the character up to be "normal" in that the character uses the jump function instead of ghost jump. Also if there is an advanced move set up on the character, remove that too

AaroArts likes this.