Apple Going Down Hill With Reviews

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by PJamaLabs, Aug 3, 2017.

1. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

Steve Jobs would be turning in his grave if he knew what is going on with apple at the moment.

My last 2 app store submissions. Both been rejected.

1 - App rejected for IAP of remove adverts. Their reason was no way of activating it. I had to reply with an image of the main screen and the button sitting there with "No Ads" icon on it. Like hello. It got accepted next day

2 - yesterday I had another rejection.

"We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.
    Please see attached screenshots for details."

Firstly no attachments. Secondly as I pointed out in my response. "The Screenshots are actually taken from the game".

Like what the hell are apple upto? Have they introduced a "Only accept X amount of games a day and then find a reason to reject rest? Or are they just employing people who are browsing unsightly websites while not paying attention to what they are doing?

At the end of the day it is becoming rather silly how flippantly stupid rejections are becoming.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Apple is always changing... when I look at the situation from 5 years ago some things are better, some things are worse. Crazy things have ALWAYS happened. :p Not trying to minimize what you are saying at all, but just roll with the punches and everything will be fine.

PJamaLabs likes this.
  3. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

I know what you are saying. I was working for a gambling company writing native apps. We had to release a huge update due to regulation changes. Apple turned into dicks and rejected our apps for silly reasons. It must have cost the company at least 7 figures because we had to block all live apps from working until we got updates out.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

There is one thing you can count on. Apple will do what Apple thinks is best for Apple. As they should in reality.

5. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

You are 100% correct there but they also have to realise they cannot become flippant due to their status as there are companies who rely on them for business. There is a difference between doing the best for your platform and being arrogant to the point of pushing people away because you think they need you.

Still I cannot complain. One of my last apps for my main work was a fitness app for Public Health England. I abused the system to allow me to do something no other fitness app did. Play samples while app was in background and duck playing music (also while in background ) :) . no other app accomplished this. I am sure if apple looked at how I achieved it then it would have been rejected :) . However due to that its one of the best 5k apps out there :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017