Cant drag and drop anything (fixed)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by joshua_higgins, Mar 31, 2016.

1. joshua_higgins

joshua_higgins Boxer

So i registered for forums to seek help with buildbox 1.3 but ended up figuring it out. Thought id share incase anyone else runs into issue.
    Originally i couldnt drag and drop anything at all. Images...sound files...etc. no matter what i did. Till i accidently figured out why.

Im on windows 10. When i right click buildbox and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR i cannot drag and drop anything. But if i run it normal, by doubke clicking icon....it allows me to drag and drop.

Dunno if anyone else ever had this issue..and i couldnt find anything here about it.

Hope it helps someone.
    -Joshua.

2. nedstark14344

nedstark14344 Boxer

Just set EnableLUA to 0 in your system registry.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

By default this is set to 0 which denies you from dragging and dropping assets in your buildbox and other applications

Hope this helps.
    Thanks and Cheers!

3. ZyzygyGames

ZyzygyGames Avid Boxer

What?

You said "Just set EnableLUA to 0 in your system registry". So I have to set the value to 0 to allow me. .

But then you said "By default this is set to 0 which DENIES you from dragging and dropping assets in your buildbox and other applications"

That means that if it I set it to 0, it denies me from dragging and dropping assets in your buildbox, but you said that I have to set it to 0...

So do I have to put it in 0 or what, explain correctly please... thanks.

4. Shiraz1024

Shiraz1024 Boxer

Thanks it worked for me but by default it is set to 1 so make it 0