Collision Area Increases After Activating Connection Mode

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Xoctrebla, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

How Can I stop the Collision Area on a Triangle from Increasing after Activating Connection Mode.
    Please See Video. You'll see a Triangle with a triangle collision Shape, However once I attach it to another triangle with a similar Collision Shape the Collision Shape becomes a Big square. I was able to create an example without making the Triangle Have a Bigger Collision Shape but seem to have difficulty reproducing the same affect. Anyways, and helps would be appreciated, Thanks!

2. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

hey there, exactly the same happened to me on my latest game.
    I believe it is a bug - I have not reported it to support because I found a workaround.

It only happens with connected objects that are flipped. In your video that triangle's scale is set to (-0.969)/(0.75)
    if the triangle was set to 0.969/0.75 this would not happen - don't ask me why. This is just how it is.

So the solutions I found are, either:
    1) remove the connection for flipped objects (this is what I did in the end)
    2) add an already flipped object to BB (go to photoshop and flip the triangle, export it and add it to BB) - the problem with this is that ideally you should not be adding the same asset twice (for optimization purposes) - but it will work in your case if you totally have to have a flipped triangle connected to other object.
    3) report the problem to support and hope they can fix it in an update

I hope this helps!
    Cheers
    Jonathan,

3. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Thanks, I suspect as much as I had another triangle work with no problems.
    I've made the adjustments and it works, do you know where I go to submit a ticket for the issue.
    I don't expect it to get fixed anytime soon but definitely want to let buildbox know about the bug.

4. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer