Showing "congratulations" On Best Score?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sufian, Jul 17, 2017.

1. sufian

sufian Boxer

How can I show a "Congratulations" message (in a game) or (on a game over screen) when a user beats his best score ??

2. Akash Khatkale

Akash Khatkale Boxer

I think you cannot

3. sufian

sufian Boxer

Thats what i think too because i couldnt find anything on the forum. and I couldnt make it work also..but I hope I am wrong and admin or some expert could help me out
    fingers crossed

4. Snow

Snow Boxer

Did you play around with event observers?
    There are options "best distance/coins/points"
    If you put an event observer like that on the game over screen set to "best distance/points/coins/whatever you are using as score", you can then redirect the player to a duplicate "Game over" screen with the only exception the addition of a "congratulations" message.

So if this works the way I think it does, it should do exactly what you want.

I really wish BB had an option on text/images to be shown only when a player beats his top score so that we could do things like that easier, maybe they will add it someday...

5. sufian

sufian Boxer

I tried the event observer and that of best coin observer but it asks u for a value like 100 or a 1000 and it shows the message only when u reach 100 or 1000..but thats not what i want.. i want to show the message if the user beats his own best...

6. Snow

Snow Boxer

Well, I apologize. I hadn't checked earlier, but I was sure it would work.
    I just checked and it's exactly as you say it is.
    Which begs the question, what does the "best distance/coins/points" option on the event observer do? Because it seems to be the same as "session distance/points/coins" and it shouldn't be. There has to be a difference.
    Let's hope someone can answer that

7. Mr Goodcat

Mr Goodcat Boxer

Im trying to do something similar but when you redirect to a duplicate UI/World the score resets.