App Store Listing Screenshots

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nicko1246, May 8, 2017.

1. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

I've tried using Buildbox's screenshot feature to enter in screenshots to Itunes Connect and none of the different sizes for iPhone work as far as dimensions go. Can anyone help me with creating screenshots that fit the dimensions for Itunes Connect and Google Play Console? Thank you.

5petersonzachary likes this.
  2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

You can play your game in Xcode and take screenshots from within Xcode to get the exact dimensions that you need. Hope this helps! :)

Nicko1246 likes this.
  3. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

For iPhone, 2208 x 1242. For iPad, it's 2732 x 2048.

Nicko1246 likes this.
  4. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

Sorry for the late response, but thank you both very much

5. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Great post Nicko1246,

Thanks for sharing this information and to use Xcode to get the screenshot for both Iphone and Ipad but my question is. If I want to have the same five(5) Iphone screenshots for the Ipad screenshot section how will I do?
    If I play my game on an Iphone device and take screenshots in a certain part of the game it will be hard to match this when I play on an Ipad device.

Any recommendation to get same screenshots for different devices?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

6. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

This may not be the best advice, but what I ended up doing to get my images to be the correct dimensions was I put them in Photoshop and adjusted the image size, resaved, and then uploaded to iTunes connect.

As for the screenshots on iPad, adjusting the image from iPhone size to iPad size may stretch it too far and end up causing pixelization. My best suggestions would be to recreate the screenshots all together with a larger size on the buildbox emulator and instead size down the images to fit the iPad dimensions.

I hope this was at least some help. I wish you the best of luck, and don't get discouraged!

7. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Hi Nicko1246,
    Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me. I will try your suggestions and see if this work. I had some problem with the Buildbox emulator before when trying my game. Screenshots become unsharp/blurry and in wrong dimension.
    And even if I have checked "stick to edge" the text and icons will not stay in place but that is an other problem.

For now the thing is to make good screenshots and thanks once again.

Have a great day and take care!

8. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

In my experience if the emulator is not displaying correctly it will most likely not display correctly on a phone. I think you should do your best to get the emulation to display correctly and then move on from there.

I agree that the images aren't the best quality and I have no insight into that besides that fact that it's just an emulation. The best option available that i know is if you have friends or families with the devices you need the sizes for, get an apk on their phone (load through xcode for iPhones and ipad) and take screenshots directly from their devices and upload.

9. Alterman29

Alterman29 Guest

Oh I see, I will borrow an Ipad from a friend and start over to create my screenshots and app preview as well.
    Once again, thanks a lot for taking your time!

Regards
    Andreas Falk