Slow Down Animation

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by NeatBoxer, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NeatBoxer

NeatBoxer Boxer

I'm trying to create a candle that flickers and, to do this, I made eight flame images and then dropped them into BuildBox. When I pushed Play, I find that the flame flickers much too fast. Is there a setting that I can use to slow down the animation?

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Click on the Object on the side menu, then click the image and you'll be able to adjust the frame speed on the right hand side :)

NeatBoxer and rcantone like this.
  3. NeatBoxer

NeatBoxer Boxer

Thanks, that helped.

However, now I have another question. I want to place the same animation on another screen. In the Objects area, the animation is split into separate images, so I can't drag it over from there. If I drag the images in again and drop them as Objects, then I end up with duplicate images in the Objects area. So, how do I go about adding the animation to additional screens?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can duplicate objects in your scene by selecting the object and pressing W,A,S,D or simply drag the object in again from the left hand menu.

5. NeatBoxer

NeatBoxer Boxer

I can't drag the animation in from the left-hand menu, because it's separated out in the menu into each individual image of the animation. Let's say that I'm trying to animate a spark. I've got Spark1, Spark2, Spark3, etc. So, what I need to know is how to add it to scene 5, let's say, after I've already added it to scene 2.

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You need to drag all frames into BB at the same time, so the frames are all part of one object.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
    Maybe upload a BBDoc for clarity?

7. NeatBoxer

NeatBoxer Boxer

That's what I did the first time and everything worked perfectly. Now that the frames are all Objects section I can't see that there is any way in BuildBox to select them all to drag them into another scene. I tried holding control,, like you normally would in Windows, but that didn't work.

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You should only have 1 object. Which has x frames.

Drag all the frames into your BB project at the same time.
    Select the object from the left hand menu.
    Go to the right hand menu and go into the images, and set the fps/speed.

They should not be separate.

9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Unfortunately you cannot select multiple objects on a scene and copy all of them at once. You need to do that one by one.
    Having said that there is a trick: You can drag a temporary object onto the scene, and connect all the objects to it with the link tool so that all of the objects you want to copy over will be a child of it. Then you can copy/paste this temp object with Ctrl+C/V (Cmd+C/V) to another scene and all child objects will be copied over too. After that you can just delete the temp object so your objects are no longer connected.

Another thing is that if this is only about animations, then you can drag objects into an animation. So lets say you create a tree object, open its default animation with the pencil icon, then drag apple and bird objects onto that animation. When you use the tree object on any scene any world within that project, all of them will contain the apples and birds hanging on that tree. Now if you delete birds from that animation, all birds will be disappeared from all of your trees in your game...

10. NeatBoxer

NeatBoxer Boxer

@AaroArts I did drag them in at the same time. However, I just discovered a glitch that doesn't keep the frames together. If you have your folder set to display medium icons then frames don't stay together when you drag them in. Once I switched the folder to show in list view, then the frames dragged over with no problem and show up in Objects as one image.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help.