Buildbox 3d: First Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Buildbox, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Remember that you can also make games for PC, where 3D is successful.
    With 3D, BB offers more possibilities, imagine a mixed game, where levels are in 2D and others in 3D.

If BB 3 is executed with the GPU of the phones, it will be able to take advantage of the power to improve the speed

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Christoph likes this.
  2. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

That looks sexy.. Damn almost as Sexy as Elizabeth Mitchell

3. rcantone

rcantone Boxer

SHUT UP!!!!...................And take my money!

Ali and PJamaLabs like this.
  4. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

Amazing!! when can expect it . can not wait !

5. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Before any big hopes I would like to say to @Buildbox its great that it is 3D but currently we are still lacking many core and important features in BB 2 with 2D games, just jumping for only because its 3D doesnt make much sense first of all it should provide us all 2D features completely which other 2D games are providing so we can actually compete to them and I am sure that you will do this with 2D and please don't provide us BUILDBOX 3 WITH partial 3D features in which we could just put 3D objects in and lacking a lots of coool and much important features or we just have to wait for couple of more years to get some more features for 3D.

Eageron likes this.
  6. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

I have to say Buildbox is a great engine and what it allows a non coder to do is great and I enjoy working with it in general. Also, the video looks sweet and I can't wait to check it out! However, I really have to agree with @Christoph and @manojbagri199. Wether this preview looks neat or not, is not of any interest, as long as the current state of buildbox is lacking a list of important core features that makes it possible to be more competitive. You guys are currently working on BB 2.2.9 (If I'm not mistaking, this version is in Beta since over 7 months?), BB 2.3 and BB 3D, while BB 2.2.8 is lacking core features and is in certain situations unreliable. Great features would be: more intelligent event observers, scoring tracker, notifications, analytics.. you name it.. Why you guys don't focus on the core features and then make the next step?

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  7. Ufieklz

Ufieklz Boxer

to be honest , its really amazing , i dont know how much assets again for make 3D games lol and how long again i should learn how to make 3D assets ( i dont have money to buy assets) , then there is much features not supported by Buildbox 2 on 2D game , we need that , another logic , level logic , quest logic ,touch to destroy event ,etc, its really good if Buildbox keep focusing on 2D game , there is many 2D logic needed on Buildbox 2 . we need that now . thanks for amazing Software , really love it

8. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

As a 3D artist I'm curious what BB3 is going to bring. As far as I know 2D and 3D will be developed simultaneously so we shouldn't worry about dropping 2D. '3D' was always a hook for clients and I hope this is not in this case. We will see.
    Anyway I think creating 3D graphics is 10 times more complicated than 2D but it still can be fun :)
    You can find 3D assets in many shops anyway.

9. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback and support guys.

I'm working on a big blog post that explains the vision we have here at Buildbox. What we're creating, why we're moving into 3D and more. Look out for that soon, but I want to touch on a few things now. First off, we know the limitations of Buildbox 2.X, and the problem is at its core.

The answer isn't to add more and more widgets until the software is bloated and extremely confusing. If we did that it would absolutely not make you guys happy. To create "any" type of game, we would have to create dozens of logic pieces and actions to fix various problems in development.

The right answer is the node system we created. We started with this way before 3D and this node system will be available for both 2D and 3D worlds. 90% of the request you have made in this thread will be easily handled with the node system, and for the other 10% you can create your own nodes with Javascript if you have the ability (and people will share their custom nodes here). We've figured out a way to make this node system very easy to use, and I think you guys will be impressed. The options really are completely limitless now with this.

As mentioned by our team, you will not be required to use 3D. It's completely optional, but it's imperative we move into the realm of 3D to meet our goals and vision for the company. We are not looking at right now, we're not even looking at next week... we're looking at next year and the future of gaming. It's our job to peer around the corner and make adjustments so we're prepared to move with the market, and I personally believe with conviction that moving into 3D will be instrumental to this. I have zero doubts there.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    shayeb, blackswan, trudnai and 10 others like this.
  10. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

Great post @TreySmith Love the idea of custom nodes. This is why I'm sticking with Buildbox.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's some awesome news! Much more exciting than the 3D thing. Thanks for your reply, Trey!

playsgames6666 likes this.
  12. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

@TreySmith is this something thats coming in 2.3?

13. cahaya

cahaya Boxer

Very big news.
    After I watched the game world from 2013 until now.
    Android market is very fast forward to the 3d shutter.
    I'm very happy if the buildbox provides 3d. I know making games with the buildbox is not that difficult. But it is very easy for developers like me. This can save my time in coding.
    I am an unity3d and buildbox customer.
    If the buildbox provides a wide range like unity3d maybe i will move completely to the buildbox.

I can not wait to try the demo. Before I buy to the premium version. I hope it exists.

14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Amazing. I knew me stalking @TreySmith and constantly peeping through his windows was going to pay off. Finally, something worth looking at.
    #Treytology - The worship of Trey.
    We take donations.

ramiucef likes this.
  15. Eageron

Eageron Avid Boxer

Thanks for this post Trey. This sounds like absolute amazing news! Looking forward to this!

16. manojbagri199

manojbagri199 Avid Boxer

Its great to hear from you @TreySmith that you guys are working so hard on this and I am kind of hoping that you really provide us with all that features we are suggesting and also the one you are promising to us and it would be great to get the final product without lacking much core and important features in any of the engine 2D or 3D, kind of hoping it would be none of them as we believe in @Buildbox and man with the node creation that you just explained I know that team buildbox is going to launch an beast with the ULTIMATE NODE CREATION and may be many other big great stuff.

Good Luck Team Buildbox.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  17. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

If this node system truly allows for "Completely Limitless" game development we just may stay with Buildbox.

Christoph likes this.
  18. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

19. Yusif_Jasim

Yusif_Jasim Boxer

I hope it's possible to add own language to the engine to make buildbox is useful with more people.
    And it's will be great if it's support importing videos also.

20. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

@TreySmith, I'm definitely excited by the Node System. Please put this in 2.3 That will make BB way more useful for me. I am spending 1/3 of my time in BB and 2/3 in Unity (with a developer). Would love to be able to have more limitless functionality (the limit of my designers brain anyway) and be able to use BB more if not all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.