The End To Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by richardrustmd, Jun 22, 2017.

?

Are there too many "me too" games and not enough creativity?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. richardrustmd

richardrustmd Boxer

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

This is not the end of the @Buildbox but one step forward to cut down copycats and spammers. Apple always try to give better quality than the others. If you buy a template, re-skin it or not it should be rejected. This is all about creativity. Creativity pushes the world forward, not copycats and spammers. I will not be surprised if one day Apple will close the doors for most of indie devs and will choose only from the best of them. If you put a game or app which is free to download and all income is generated by ads so Apple has nothing from it, only your annual $100. Or maybe they will change $100 to $1000. Most of crap games will abandon App Store, if your app cannot give you more than $1000 it means this is not a good app.

Nihat likes this.
  3. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

I think it is more about cleaning up spammers. I found some accounts in app store where they had over 1000 apps all reskin's of 4 games.
    This same person had about 6-7 accounts with the same 4 games reskinned 100's of times each.
    Thankfully they are now gone.

Astro Games likes this.
  4. m_nouri

m_nouri Boxer

App store or Google play not accept games from buildbox ?!!!!

5. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

You can't read with understanding, can you?

6. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

For the record, Buildbox uses a custom engine and does not create games from templates. This would not affect you guys.

m_nouri likes this.
  7. m_nouri

m_nouri Boxer

It's very good. thanks for your answer ;)

8. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

For all those thinking BB games not being accepted.. Bottom line is if you download someone elses BB game. Extract the BB files. Re-release under different name then you will probably (and hopefully) have your game removed. BB is no different to any development environment. BB, Cocos, Apple Swift, Java and Google SDK. Fact is everyone of those I mentioned has similarities to code I even wrote in 68000 assembler back in the 90's. Code is code. A C compiler allows you to write code easier then writing assembler. Cocos allows you to create a program quicker than just doing in from scratch in C... LIbraries. BB Allows you to create a cocos project even quicker. Functionality already written for you.

Buildbox is no different to any other system. You can either create the same as everyone else or you can create something new. New is always good. I must admit we have only released 2 games with BB so far. Our first was only a test for me to get used to it and it is similar to other games.. As in tap.. thrust up.. avoid being hit. However we created our own GFX.. our own levels.. Just the basic mechanics are similar to others. Our second game I must admit is very similar to others and it was a 2 day hack but we just wanted to take the Pee out of a certain person.. Not going to say any more.

Our main project we have been working on is new and different. Well only so far different because all games are similar in a way. Bottom line is.. Put work into what you release and it will go out. If its good enough you will be rewarded.

Dont just plagiarise others work.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017