Api 4.4

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by whagler, Jun 22, 2017.

1. whagler

whagler Boxer

Does anyone know if bb works on phone that are release version 4.4 ? and if so can you help me be able to set me game to run on those versions? my game can run on 5.0 and up but i would like to reach more people and the min version is 14 and max version is 24 but when i try and switch it i get an error.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

With the current version of BB, you can install and run the game on any device with Android 3.0 or higher.
    You do not have to do anything, just create the normal APK file, with the API23.

3. whagler

whagler Boxer

when i try and use api 23 i get an error about the version being to low and wants me to use api 24

4. whagler

whagler Boxer

I am using android studios

5. whagler

whagler Boxer

D:\apps\android\app\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values-v24\values-v24.xml i get this error when trying to use api 23 in android studios

6. whagler

whagler Boxer

This errror its making me use api 24 to compile when im trying to use api 23

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
    <style name="Base.TextAppearance.AppCompat.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored" parent="android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored"/>
    <style name="Base.TextAppearance.AppCompat.Widget.Button.Colored" parent="android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored"/>
    <style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Info.Media"/>
    <style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Media"/>
    <style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Time.Media"/>
    <style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Title.Media"/>
    </resources>

7. whagler

whagler Boxer

sorry this message

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt C:\Users\MR Maleki\Desktop\WhoIsBetter2\app\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug\values-v24\values-v24.xml Error:(4) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'. Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'. Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'. Error:(4) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

8. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Do not use Android Studio, use Eclipse.
    Follow the tutorials,
    http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/are-there-any-bb-code-helpers.482/#post-2893
    http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php...pse-java-and-android-sdk-video-tutorial.2794/
    INSTALL:
    Java JDK 1.7
    Use only Eclipse.