No Dex

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by whagler, Jun 14, 2017.

1. whagler

whagler Boxer

when i am exporting my game from eclipe i get no dex found what does this mean?

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You mean there is an apk generated but no dex file inside? Or you have an error message? (which you probably want to cite here if you expect us to help)

3. m_nouri

m_nouri Boxer

4. mefistofelos

mefistofelos Boxer

I had the same problem. I switched over from Eclipse to Android Studio.
    It's rather straight forward.
    1. export the game to a folder
    2. run the android studio
    3. import existing eclipse project (your game) but when you do this, select folder in which you see "android" folder, not the "android" folder itself (this is important)
    4. just spam next
    5. create signed apk
    change minimum sdk version in manifest to 11 if you have problems with exporting.

FYI, this guy explained it: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...ildbox-with-android-studio-in-few-steps.8899/

5. m_nouri

m_nouri Boxer

Thanks guy, i use this way but not work me again!
    i can build APK file with Eclipse and Android Studio (2.3.3) .
    But when install and run game into devices, show me crash and has stop (force close) error!
    I can't run game, please help me for this

6. mefistofelos

mefistofelos Boxer

Sorry, I don`t think I can help you - I'm new to this as you are.
    I just had the same problem.

I used to check "skip dex check on compiling" option (or something like that) in eclipse, which resulted in apk being created but it didn`t want to install on my phone...

you should probably write more info regarding error messages & your phone/android version so more experienced members could figure it out.

7. whagler

whagler Boxer

ava.lang.NullPointerException this is the problem im getting in eclipse lint error when im getting ready to import does anyone know how to fix this?

8. whagler

whagler Boxer

this is the problem that im gettting when i up load this to beta test. why am i getting this message? Can anyone help with this?

Exceptions

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.

CommodiousGames.Jumper/com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/lib/arm, /data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.CommodiousGames.Jumper/com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/lib/arm, /system/fake-libs, /data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-1/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.CommodiousGames.Jumper/com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.CommodiousGames.Jumps.PTPlayer" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-xGtUJtGuPP-wiaGfwxneBg==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-xGtUJtGuPP-wiaGfwxneBg==/lib/arm, /system/fake-libs, /data/app/com.CommodiousGames.Jumper-xGtUJtGuPP-wiaGfwxneBg==/base.apk!/lib/armeabi-v7a, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]

9. whagler

whagler Boxer

i posted the error