Average Time From Concept To Creation For Bb Games

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by MattGamer, Jun 10, 2017.

1. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

Hey all,

Whilst concept working my new game I'm just wondering how long on average it takes other boxers to take a game from concept to polished creation? My last took about 4 months. Whilst I'm aware every game is different, I'm just wondering how long other boxers take for this process?

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

It depends of kind of game and how big it is. I'm doing games in my spare time. My titles took me:
    1. cmy[k]
    - 1 day for prototype
    - 1 day for graphic design, testing and polishing
    - I'm not a programmer so I've spent also around 30 days to figure it out how to create build from exported files for iOS and Android/Amazon and upload it to stores
    2. Crazy Chicken - it's a reskinned version of cmy[k] which took me 1 day to create new graphic assets, a build and upload it to AppStore
    3. Fidget Gyro Spinner
    - 1 day for prototype and graphic style
    - 5 days for creating graphic assets and sending to stores
    - this is still work in progress project because I'm going to work on it to make it more varied

You can find links to my games below in my signature.
    Can you show the game which took you 4 months?

3. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

What do you mean by prototype there?

4. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

By prototype I mean just basic shapes like squares, rectangles, circles to represent basic simplified character, environment and gameplay of courselike physics settings: time wrap, bounce, speed, friction, drag etc. I start with these setting and once I'm happy I start to create graphic style for it, check if it works, fine tune and if looks good I start creating assets.

harislatif likes this.
  5. happydays

happydays Boxer

I would say 1 or 2 hours or days for me to get the skeleton of the game down. Depends the project and ideas behind it, but I mostly think of build box possibilities so I don't have to throw away an idea. After I have the skeleton down (rules, endless or levels, values on objects and characters) I start collecting world assets, but I dont work on menu ui's till the gameplay is polished. Im currently working on a physics game and its timeline is at a 4 week scale right now, I would say first week was skeleton, second was putting everything in place, three was testing, and now polishing.

Astro Games likes this.