How Do Controls Work In "iso Cubes" Template?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DDavies, Jun 3, 2017.

1. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

I couldn't understand the controls for ISO Cubes. there is a navigation button under two action buttons that I didn't understand it.
    it's function is default and it's a navigation button.
    what does it to do with controls?
    if I remove it, the character stops to move left or right.
    Again, if i put another navigation button in place of that, and copied every single property, the character wont move either.
    I even tried duplicating, and just copy and pasting the position values and removing the original one. well, it did move, but not like the original. I wonder how the controls work! @Andy @heathclose

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

The two buttons (left and right) are actions, which are used to adjust gameplay settings, allowing the character to move left and right respectively.
    As far as I can tell, the default button is a Navigation Button, which is used to say "hey, there's an action being pressed in this space, lets invoke the action"...

But why if you replicate it, or make a new one, or even duplicate it, and it not working the same way is odd...
    I just tried it and if you copy it, the jumps are different... strange.

DDavies likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I did a quick test of the ISO Cubes preset and duplicated the right button, it works the same as the original one did. I would send your information and an example BBDOC to support@buildbox.com so Sean can go over it with you and identify any issue that might need fixing. I tried in both 2.2.8 and the most recent builds of 2.2.9.

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I think it's the default button that changes behaviour when duplicated/recreated... at least on my BBDoc it was.

5. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

I sent an email to support.
    As @AaroArts said, That's the default button behind the two action buttons.
    My main question is not why it doesn't work by duplicating. My question is how it works in the first place. A How Do I... kinda question.
    Thanks

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, I see, Sean just pointed out to me the fact (as stated here but I missed) the navigation button should not be a navigation button. We'll fix up the preset to correct the default button.

AaroArts likes this.