How To Create A Switch Control That Moves Objects? Like Tumball?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DDavies, Jun 4, 2017.

1. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

I'm trying to recreate a sample scene from Tumball.
    I added an advanced move to an object, that makes it rotate on switch button switch. but this only works if I set the object preset to be physics. It won't work otherwise.
    But if I set it to be a physics object, and set a gravity for world (for character to fall), the physics objects will start to fall as well.
    What's what I'm missing? I got it wrong, or I need to find a way to hang objects and prevent them from falling and I'm done?
    @Andy @heathclose @Simon Crack

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Can you turn off gravity, and use Ghost jump on your character instead?
    That way, you wouldn't need gravity for your character to jump and fall :D

3. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

OK I got it myself.
    First it's easier to use a character button on UI, instead of a switch button.
    And for the problem, I found no other method but using physics objects. But it's easy to keep physics object hang where they are, by attaching them to a fixed decoration. They won't be affected by the gravity. That's all and it works perfectly. :)

meremy likes this.
  4. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

Funny, now I understand why does this game has the character locked behind a bar, and wont start the game until player touches the screen! :)

5. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

No. That's not how I thought it works. And I was wrong about how tumball starts.
    I could rotate objects by making them physics and assigning them an advanced move, and could fix their position by attaching them to a decoration, but the first time the character hits a bar, being affected by gravity and the character, it starts to rotate fast. This does not happen in tumball.
    If player taps, and the bar rotates a little, it will stop this behaviour. but I can't force the player to tap the screen before the character starts to fall, and tumball doesn't do this also!
    I'm still wondering how tumball has done this.

6. DDavies

DDavies Boxer

OK, I'm done with this now.
    Just added another Advanced Move to the object, set event to On Start, and set everything to 0. Now it works as expected.

meremy likes this.