Joystick Touch too sensitive

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by trygii, Dec 6, 2015.

1. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I'm creating a game where the player needs to hold and swipe left and right to move the character, however the joystick is too sensitive. The sensitivity is set to 1 and Control Style to Absolute. I played with the sensitivity number and it didn't fix. When I test the game with my PC keyboard buttons it works perfectly, but when I test it with the mouse, or on my device, it will be unplayable. Just one tiny swipe to the right and the character will go all the way to the right.

[​IMG]

I also played around with Air Drag, the higher I set it too the slower the character will move to left and right, and this also did not fix my problem.

2. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

@trygii May be you mouse sensitivity is too high try to play your game on a device rather than with a mouse, Advance gameplay settings are for character and the world not for controls you can change the joystick sensitivity for your desire results your game work with keyboard perfectly because you are using keyboard not joystick hope i will help. ~Good Luck

3. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@taimoorjavaid45 I already tested it with my iphone, it has the same exact problem. I already changed the joystick sensitivity and it the problem still exist.

Even just a slightly swipe to right will make the character go all the way to the right. I want the character follow where the player swipes his finger.

4. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

what value of sensitivity you are using? is it less than 1, 0.4 or something?

5. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I've tried 1, 5, 10 and also less than 1 like 0.1.

0.1 seems to be working, however, it only works when you swipe left or right. What I want is continuously holding (touching the screen) while swiping left or right.

Just swiping without holding works great. But swiping while holding not. Any ideas?

6. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

What I'm looking for is the same controls as The Line Zen. If I remember correctly The Line Zen doesn't have gravity, that's probably why touching and dragging left or right will make the character move. My game uses -50 Gravity. Any way to get this control from The Line Zen on a game with gravity?

7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Line Zen did not use joystick. I used direct movement. Not sure if it would work with gravity or not, but in theory I believe it would.

8. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@TreySmith I tried direct movement and the character is stuck above the ground, it can only move to left and right not up. The game is an endless runner style game, the character needs to go up by bouncing on the platforms.

I tried removing gravity and also bounce force. Tried adding game speed, but nothing seems to work. The character doesn't collide with anything, it just float above the ground. Something is wrong but I cannot seem to find it.

9. abdur89

abdur89 Boxer

I know this is a old question but I want to give answer maybe its help other. to only move a character left and right you need to make Y speed 0 for this go to character panel from left select character scroll right side of character setting in "Character gameplay settings" set value for Max Speed 1st box is X so give any value here which suit your game and in second box which a Y box remove any value from here. that's it

Appossible likes this.