Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, May 9, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I just built three weeks ago a new build for my new upcoming game and everything is working. Will let you know if I have problems in a new build I'm going to do next week.

qiang_ma likes this.
  2. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

I saw the SDKs you share in this post:https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/heyzap-10-sdk.7948/, thanks for your sharing! Maybe it's because of the whole new SDK and HZ 9.3.x is not suitable for BB 2.2.7, I'll try your SDKs to see if there's still problem. Thank you Christoph!

Christoph likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy: what's the official statement from Buildbox regarding Heyzap reverting to SDK9? I was told they communicated with you guys so it would be nice to know what we can do until 2.2.9 is released. In short, it seems we now have a problem that Buildbox 2.2.8 that comes with Heyzap SDK 10 doesn't work 100% with the old SDK 9 (for example the test suite doesn't load)... even when adding Heyzap SDK 9. Now we are trapped in the middle. lol. I think Buildbox needs a better way to integrate external SDKs. Something like the export modulars that can be updated independently from the app itself. It getting so fast a nightmare looking at this example now and if we could download an update backend we wouldn't have to wait for the next Buildbox update.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

2.2.7 exports SDK 9
    2.2.8 exports SDK 10

For iOS you should be able to swap the lib/ads/PTAdHeyzap directory between the 2 exports. It's not an ideal situation but it's what we're stuck with for now. We can't control what any 3rd party ad network chooses to do, and we can't integrate every change day one. We have not made a final decision on 2.2.9+ but probably we are going to rollback to SDK 9.

Christoph likes this.
  5. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Hey @Andy Can you elaborate on this fix you mentioned. Thanks

6. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Hey, Everyone!
    I was facing an error in Xcode that I could find a solution for in this forum, but I think I found the fix and thought I'd share it. For any future boxers. Maybe @Christoph and @Andy can verify if this is the correct work around.

I'm using Xcode 8.3

I original built my game in BB 2.2.8 exported to iOS and followed @Christoph awesome HeyZap SDK tutorial to add the SDK to my Xcode project. My app would build successfuly, then crash when I pressed any button on the main screen.

This is the error I got in XCODE: libc++abi.dylib`__cxa_throw: (see screen shot for more details)

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 7.44.03 pm.png

I contacted HeyZap with no success. I downgraded BB to 2.2.7 and installed HeyZaps SDK 9.x. and I still got the same error. I just recently found the solution online.

Under the breakpoint tabs of Xcode.

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.06.22 pm.png

Right click the tab for the top "All Objective-C Exceptions" > select "edit break point"

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.08.03 pm.png

Change the Exception from "All" to "Objective-C"
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.08.54 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.10.57 pm.png

Do the same thing for the bottom "All Objective-C Exceptions"
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.11.12 pm.png

Leave the "Test Failure" one alone. This is the reason these breakpoints need to be changed, quoted from where I found it: "The reason is that you set the global exception breakpoint, and the type of all, so some of the abnormal C + + will be error, the solution is to set your global breakpoint objective-c type" - it was actually translated from a Chinese site. So it doesn't make sense to me but my game works and doesn't crash.

NOTE: Due to the problems I've read about with HeyZap SDK 10, I fixed this issue with the follow specs (below).
    - BB 2.2.7
    - XCode 8.3
    - HeyZap SDK 9.8
    - AdNetworks: HeyZap, AdMob and FB Audience Network

I haven't tried fixing this issue with BB 2.2.8 and HeyZap SDK 10, cuz I don't have time at the moment. My game is working and I need to push forward!

I don't know why I was getting this error, but it seemed like I was the only one. Now it seems to be fixed and my game runs fine. So hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Cheers,
    Chris

Christoph likes this.
  7. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Hi,
    Thanks, @Christoph for this amazing tutorial.
    I have 2 questions about Heyzap Mediation.
    1. I didn't add anything about Unity but there is shown UnityAds in API Status.
    2. I added Vungle with Heyzap Mediation and in Xcode, everything looks OK (No errors or yellow exclamation mark sign). Also in API Status, it shows that the API working, however when I test the game on my iPhone there aren't any rewarded video buttons.
    Any solutions?

Attached Files:

8. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Just tried this in BB 2.2.9 Beta 3. I have no errors, but Heyzap is not pulling Ads or even the debug is not working.. any ideas? @Christoph

9. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

I had the same issue. I've been using 2.2.7 to build finish my game. I was lucky that my game was simple and didn't use any new features from 2.2.9.

10. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Would like encryption for my game though so need 2.2.9, @Andy any idea whats going on with BB 2.2.9 regarding Heyzap ads (SDK 9?). I'm stuck launching two games due to this error at the moment..

11. Hiro

Hiro Boxer

the meditation window doesnt come up, instead it just launches the game, i have put in the temporary code but still nothing

12. Hiro

Hiro Boxer

The meditation window doesn't come up, and when i look at the window in Xcode i got this:
    [ Heyzap ] Requesting initial credentials from server failed: retrying in 60 seconds. This happens when we haven't yet synced your app across both Heyzap and Fyber. If this is your first time seeing this message, give it a few minutes to migrate; if this problem persists, contact support@heyzap.com

I don't have fyber, why is this necessary as on android i didn't use fyber and it worked perfectly after some issues.
    Im not even sure what fyber is, it looks like an ad meditation network like heyzap so its useless to have it.

any advice?

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Fyber = Heyzap
    Heyzap was bought by Fyber. As it says in the message, you have to contact their support.

14. Hiro

Hiro Boxer

So I connected heyzap and they said even though I'm using heyzap v9 "there might be some v10 ask files still remaining"
    I have no idea how to fix this issue as I have followed the tutorial and it worked perfectly for android!

15. Hiro

Hiro Boxer

So i am using BB 2.2.8 which u said it uses sdk 10, now i cant download sdk 10. Android works perfectly with sdk 9. Im not sure why im getting this stupi error with iOS. the only problem i get is that the meditation window doesn't come up.
    instead i get this in the output window on xcode:
    [ Heyzap ] Requesting initial credentials from server failed: retrying in 60 seconds. This happens when we haven't yet synced your app across both Heyzap and Fyber.

Im not sure if signing up to fyber will fix this issue, i tried signing up but there is a load of bullshit just to activate your account.

16. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Hello, how is it possible to replace hezap 10 sdk with 9 sdk, my reward video is not working on 10

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Boxer

Use of '@import' when C++ modules are disabled, consider using fmodules and fcxx-modules
    I have this error 20 times, what can I do? Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.03.09 AM.png

18. ChrisR

ChrisR Boxer

I also have this issue
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.04.41 AM.png

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The second one is a warning. That's normal. Just ignore it. The first one check again the tutorial and see how to change each entry to how it should be done. :)

20. parsakh13

parsakh13 Boxer

Hi every one
    i am currently developing a game using buildbox 2.2.9 and i have heyzap mediation for Applovin, Adcolony, Admob, Inmobi, Vungle, Face book and unity ads using Christoph Tutorial, my problem is with Applovin, when i add applovin framework, game will crash in just a few second after running, whenever i delete applovin sdk, game will run with no problem and all other network works fine,i got all the necessery SDK from heyzap site and i use heyzap sdk 9.15.2, Adcolony 3.2.1, Admob 7.25.0, AppLovin 4.4.1, Facebook 4.26.0, InMobi 6.2.1, Unity Ads 2.1.1 and Vungle 5.3.0. you can see my crash log below, what is the problem and what should we do? Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 2.02.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 2.04.07 PM.png