10 Copycats Of My Fidget Spinner App. And How To Deal With Copycats.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, May 24, 2017.

1. cahaya

cahaya Boxer

You use the buildbox software to create a spinner fidget game.
    You can make it easily.
    Surely someone else will definitely make it easily.
    Buildbox is software that is easy to control.

Anyway you are just a parasite taking on the trend of the spinner fidget. And that's not your original idea.

So if your game a lot in imitation. It is very reasonable. Like the previous trend game. Such as TRUMP.

Create your own artwork like a color switch game.

volcank likes this.
  2. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

someone made a kid cry ouch! lol

i will clone your game and i dare you to take down it from apple. and trust me brother cant because i will use my own stuff to create it you wont able to proof it if i cloned you :p ;)

just kidding lol

anyways good luck

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi thats ok.btw that is not crying I am just sharing my ideas and thoughts and i am talking about the bb community. apps are not the only.place i sell digital.goods. I have been selling motion graphics templates since 2010. I really dont care about people cloning what I care is they steal my artwork fidgets backgrounds etx. game mechanics can be copied there is no law for that but graphics u need to change. if this happened in graphic stock webpage like graphicriver or videohive so as codecanyon, with a dmca complain they would literally shut down the account and also keep his revenue to themselves.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Bilz636 likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I already created my own artwork in this that is the thing i am talking about not fidget spinner game itself. this is not xloning btw taking my app which is apk and doing reverse engineering and reselling it.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi actually I am not talking about buildbox to do anything with apple or google. i am talking about do something else because this is not right and even it is happening i dont understand why people are acting like this is a normal thing. it is about having a person in buildbox community and doing this. thats it. btw fidget spinners as far as I know dont have trademarks. I am calmed down btw I just speak direct thats it ;)

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  6. cahaya

cahaya Boxer

If you do not want that to happen.
    Use BB 2.2.9
    You will save all your projects. And do not publish your game in this forum.
    It's the best solution

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

cool I get you but for example this fidget app I did I can not publish in 2.2.9 because it behaves totally different than 2.2.8 to tell the truth it just moves out of orbit slowly. I sent a bbdoc to support and they are working on it. well one way or another people will find your game and hack it I don't think thats the solution not to post it in here.

8. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

this art stealing part, in that case yes you're right :)

volcank likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

thank you :) but still if he stole the art this means the apk simply got extracted and recreated called reverse engineering. I really don't mind cloning and creating an exact copy anybody can do that but taking what you have totally including art and the game itself is stealing I think. other than that ofcourse there is no law that can stop anybody copying game mechanics and this has been like this since the first video games were out like phong or asteroids. it really feels weird to download install and play exactly the same game you created from the appstore believe me also which includes the music and sound effects. the music was even the same. and the sound effects. wow

10. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

your right.
    but its been happening for years, lots of BB users have had this happen, its not that we or BB don't care, its the fact that its hard to stop it from happening.. you will have one game removed and they will steal another, they don't care. As @AaroArts said its happened to him, its happened to dozens of my games and to 100s of other BB developer games.
    But removing someone from the forum is not going to stop it from happening.
    And even the BB 2.2.9 encryption doesnt stop people stealing your art work @Andy it only stops the reverse engineering .
    As i said @volcank once you put a product on store that is downloadable it is open for all to do what they want with it. its sad that it happens.
    but don't think that no one cares, this is your first game that has been stolen, rest assure you will have dozens more get stolen as .well.
    This topic has been discussed over and over on these forums,
    Mate i feel bad for you. and understand.
    any way keep making good games and be happy.

AaroArts and volcank like this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yeah I get you. Thank you. I guess I willl just have to let it go now I see more and more copycats of my graphics being used in the store and I guess it is not only the reverse engineering but my apps being sold as Source code. Anyway it is so strange of course there are like millions of fidget spinner apps at the store and to tell that my app is stolen might look funny but at the end like I said before if the game itself is stolen I mean like the mechanics etc I would even understand that but the graphics being stolen is something else I think. Anyways I will just let it go like you said. I was also looking at the ios appstore and even saw exact copies of the game "The Pit" that was mentioned in this forum also. So better to let it go I guess. so you said 2.2.9 encryption does not help??

12. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Yea its really annoying i understand what your saying and you have every right to be angry or upset, but it happens, unfornuantly .
    Well with encryption, i don't know about reverse engineering , but assets are still easily obtainable, which i guess is hard to stop, I'm no expert.
    But it still happens the same with unity and any other software used to make games, at least BB a giving it go to stop them, slow them down.
    I agree with reporting the guys selling source code, with your artwork, report them and have there accounts suspended,

13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

YEs I took down like 10 apps from Google Play last week actually Google didn't return to me after I sent them the screenshots but sorry 9 of them was gone and there was 1 left it had different background this time. Either Google removed them all or he read the forums in here and removed the apps by himself but still yesterday I found another one this time at itunes appstore and now they change the icon and the screenshots. The screenshots do not resemble the game itself. So when you install the app you see that they are my graphics. I don'T undertsand how apple accepts the games with different screenshots that don't have to do with the game. Anyways that is their luck I guess.

playsgames6666 likes this.