Actions And Movement

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by PJamaLabs, May 13, 2017.

1. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

Hi,

I have read the previous posts about this but I have been unable to achieve what I am after.

OK. I have an action which is basically a pickup. I want to be able to move this.

I found if I attached an object to the action I could then add movement to the object and it would all move.
    However.. Transforms would not be tirggered Nor could I use a path for the object.

Is there a way to add an action into an object and allow it to either follow a path or have it activate transforms?

Thanks

Paul

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

add your action to screen, then COPY and PASTE in object animation , or connect them by wire by addind to your screen both of them, make object decoration with no opacity and connect action to the object, then add your "movement" desire to your object.

3. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

I have tried everything. The problem I am having is that the object itself I need as no collide but as soon as I set it to no collide (be it via manually setting or setting object as decoration) then movement stops on that object.

4. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

I have created a test bbdoc to show you what I mean.

The top object with action attached is set to no collide and does not move on path. The bottom one is the same apart from set to collide and it moves along path fine.

http://www.pjamalabs.com/docs/moveaction.bbdoc

5. steverha

steverha Boxer

Set the initial linear velocity to something other than zero, this will initiate the object to move, even if it is just a decoration. I tested it with the file you uploaded, it worked with paths and a transform logic piece. As long as you initiate the object to move before it hits a path or transform logic piece then it should work for you. I attached the file I used to test it out in the link below. Let me know if it works for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jm0co8qr09vf9y/moveaction.bbdoc?dl=0

PJamaLabs likes this.
  6. PJamaLabs

PJamaLabs Boxer

Thats great thank you

7. steverha

steverha Boxer

Anytime, best of luck to ya!