Is Bb2.2.9 Ok With Mac Mini 2015, 4gb Ram And Latest Xcode

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by leevan, May 18, 2017.

1. leevan

leevan Boxer

Dear Developers,

I have a problem and need your help. I have used BB 2.2.8 before on my Mac Mini 2015, 4Gb Ram then I got few problems when exporting to iOS games. I saw some error lines on Xcode at that time. Then I stopped using BB. I also have not tried export to Android.
    Now, I am thinking to buy BB again. But I am afraid that there are some problems with BB. I would like to ask everyone who are using latest BB that is there any problem with BB at this time? And my Mac mini (Sierra) with 4GB ram and latest Xcode are ok with BB 2.2.9?

And someone please let me know that exporting to Android is easy or not? I have not tried it before.

And the last question, can I test my game easy on iPhone and Android if I am using BB?

Thank you very much for your consultation.

2. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

There is no relation at all between this and that

Mac mini just work perfect for everthing unless you wana use it for after effects or 3dmax or unreal engine or unity or some other heavy software BUT not buildbox

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox should work fine on this system. If you see errors in Xcode most likely this has nothing to do with performance, unless you are using artwork that is way too big or your game is not properly optimized.

4. leevan

leevan Boxer

Thank you Rainyday and Andy so much.

5. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

BB doesn't need much power to run smoothly. Only one thing to consider is hardware to software compatibility. I mean you will need to do some MacOS, Xcode and BB updates in the future and the only issue could be with old hardware. By old I mean around 7-8 years when Apple no longer support their products so buying 2015 hardware right now gives you around 5-6 years of OS compatibility which is enough.

Question is will the BB3 run smoothly on 4GB machine if you wish to update in the future?