How To From Normal To Zig-zag

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Vilin13, May 9, 2017.

1. Vilin13

Vilin13 Boxer

So I'm currently developing a game in which the character is controlled by tapping the screen sort of like flappy bird... But in other level I want that the character moves in zig-zag way is that at all possible in Buildbox and how ? It can be with a button it doesn't bother me but when I do so it moves just in one direction...

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

In Game Presents is one Zig-Zag
    [​IMG]

3. Vilin13

Vilin13 Boxer

Yes I know but I don't want to make a zig-zag game just a couple of levels, others are Ring Wall template...

4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

o_O
    Look at that template and see how is do it man!

Christoph likes this.
  5. Vilin13

Vilin13 Boxer

Did that, can't do it like that because 1st it doesn't give the switch options in Advanced Move and 2nd I've already mapped tap on a move in wall switch mode and anyway character settings can't be different for different worlds but are unified through all the games so...

I tried to map it on a button press but it doesn't work...

6. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

1. You did'nt find switch button, but is there, for sure, i think is not in "character logic..." is in first tab!
    2. Character settings can be different. Add 2 character, 1 for flappy world type and second for zig-zag type, if you need 2 characters . (a problem become if you want more characters, and player can't choose Flappy character for Switch world...)
    3. In your first world use Tap-Tap type and in your second world use Switch type.
    I can do it for you in less that 1 minute, but you must do it you, it's so easy, start to learn it.

Vilin13 likes this.
  7. Vilin13

Vilin13 Boxer

Hey man, sorry for the late answer, yeah I do have more characters but that's not the case, I forgot to add a component to the world lol, you were completely right. A lesson here is don't try to make a game after a 13 hour shift when you can't even think properly anymore. Thanks for the help mate!

blad300 likes this.