Purchases Not Working (latest Build)

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by tyris_audronis, Apr 20, 2017.

1. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

HELP!

I've been pulling my hair out. Is there some new trick to coin stores?

I've created actions for coins:
    Action type: coin
    Added the coin amount

In the store:
    Set the button to "buy and use"
    Made sure that "one time" is not checked
    Set the action to the corresponding action in my worlds for coins.

It goes to the play store, and completes the purchase just fine, but no coins added to my game. They're "managed products" with the matching reference (com.etc.etc). My credit card is charged, just no coins added to the game. In BB preview, coins get added no problem. Ovciously, there is some problem with registering purchases from the store. Any ideas?

I just don't get it... it's always worked in the past with this method.

2. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Did you manage to fix this? If so how? I'm stuck on the same issue...

3. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

No. Support has been pretty much not much help at all. They say it's Google Play. It's not. 1 month now of going back and forth. I'm pretty much at the point of giving up on Buildbox and rebuilding my game in Unity.

Milania likes this.
  4. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Damn... this really sucks, it's literally the only part I'm stuck at lol... some reply from the devs would be great..

5. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I have also In App Purchase, in all games, and all work fine, you do something wrong, check everything.
    And test it before release, in test mode, you don't need credit card!
    Search on Google how to be able to test Sandbox in Beta or Alpha...

6. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Could you tell us step by step how you've got it set-up?

7. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

This issue (from the first post) is the correct method. I've been going back and forth with Support for a month now, and they can't figure out what the issue is.

If you've followed the above steps... please email support at support@buildbox.com so they can stop ignoring the issue. I believe it's only if you have certain functionality in the game that conflicts with the store. I've even sent them the bbdoc. Hell... I even wrote the book on Buildbox (and the VP of Development at Buildbox was my tech editor)! It's possible I did do something wrong. But they still haven't found what it is...

Christoph likes this.
  8. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Yeah I've sent them an email.. hopefully they will respond with a fix or something

9. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Hmm I kind of found a fix, sortof...

Ok so, first I was using promotion codes to test it(which obviously didnt work and still doesnt work...)
    But, when I added a payment method to google play and purchased the item itself(for $0 since its a test account), it does work, sortof..

the purchase completed, I get the coins, but the game crashes as soon as it says "finalizing payment", after I restart the game the coins are added but yeah.. tested this twice, it crashes right after the payment is made which is kinda sad lol..

Promo codes still dont work tho :/

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I never said it's definitely Google Play. I did say in my mail to you last week that I don't care whose issue it is, I just want to get to the bottom of it. The info I asked you about was to hopefully determine that it is definitely NOT an issue with the application config in Google Play.

It's been a little over 3 weeks since your original mail. I've been on the case since Wed or Thur last week. Admittedly, this is probably too long, but this is an increasingly odd issue.

We're not ignoring it. I didn't get a reply from my last email to you until this morning.

Anyway, both Nik and I are working on this. I've re-sent the info I was asking you about last week via support.

blad300 likes this.
  11. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

"so the problem is with Google" - Sean Conner (tech support) - May 9.

A month has gone by... Most of the emails coming from your team are only sent after I send a "any updates yet? It's been... x amount of time since hearing from you."

12. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

@Andy i make some time and i added to Testflight one game with coins, and after a sucess buy, no cois added. so i can say is in iOS also the problem.

13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

To be fair to Sean, I probably told him to tell you that in part, I don't know all the context that bit was said. Additionally, he sent a link about troubleshooting IAP on Google Play a day or two after your original email to support. That link had the info in it to solve at least half of your issue.

Anyway, I have sent you several emails this morning that detail the problems I have found and the solutions.

14. Elcabone

Elcabone Boxer

Could you send me the email with solutions aswell? Or does the solution not solve it in my case?

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It would not help, this was a very specific case. If you follow the guides and double/triple check everything then there should not be an issue. Feel free to follow up with support if you are still stuck.

https://www.buildbox.com/guides/

16. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I also say up here, with iOS happen the same, but no coins , you want to make a video and post here ?

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Please send an example to support and full details on how to duplicate. There is no IAP issue with purchasing coins that I can think of with iOS. If I understand correctly even the OP game is working fine an already released on iOS.

18. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I have coins and purchase button for coins only in UpHill Climb Power , and from curiosity i release a version to Testflight , the other games work like a charm, i will double check what happen with UpHill Climb Power and also i will try to reproduce my self, if i can't see , i send a message to support .

19. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

@Andy i check it was my mistake, now i check "Buy and use" , i fix my mistake and release an update, it's work also .
    My mistake was "I sell 10000C for 0.99 and in BB uncheck "Buy and Use" and add 10000 of action with 1C reward" but now i create an action with 10000C reward and sell it with "Buy and Use" check it .

Christoph likes this.
  20. Michaelbarend

Michaelbarend Boxer

Thanks! That helped me.

In the image attached you can see what I did. Don't forget to tick the box: buy & use.

Attached Files:

Milania and blad300 like this.