Build Local Business Application With Buildbox

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Bilz636, May 4, 2017.

?

is it possible to create a simple local business app with buildbox?

1. Yes, its possible as it should be under Buildbox guidelines.

2. No, No way! Get a life Noob

3. No idea, i am from Mars

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Hi Boxers

I need your small help on App creating

i am getting a contract from some buddy. :p He want me to create a local business app for him. Basically a "restaurant app".

Is it possible to achieve this with Buildbox?
    he may need me to deliver all source code to him can i just give him "exported ios/android" project? (he dont know I use buildbox).

He's requirement;
    Home page >> main info bla bla bla
    manu card >> listing all products with price
    Contact us >> google map (this is the harder part with BB)
    Overall app UI design.

I don't know where should i start from? Before assigning a contact with him i need your advice

P.S. Sorry about my great English :p

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Do you know HTML? You can create a simple app with HTML and then output it as an app using PhoneGap. Very easy. Might work better than Buildbox. With that being said, I don't see why you couldn't create it in BB, it would just be easier with HTML/CSS.

3. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Or any other simply app maker. You can make a map screenshot and open web browser by clicking the map.
    But I think if your client needs to change products prices it would be better if he can login to some page and update database rather than to create new build each time the price changes. So this is not the best solution from clients perspective. This is good deal from your perspective :D

4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

5. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

There are also other visual development systems that do not require programming. If you need more information, you can contact in private.

6. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

i know HTML and sort of CSS, I had develop many landing pages based on CSS n html. But i have no idea how to create a universal app for IOS and Android. If you could guide me then please it will be a pleasure

7. georgebirbilis

georgebirbilis Boxer

if your app's javascript+css+html code is going to live online (needs an internet connection for your app to work), that is you want to make a hosted web app, see http://manifoldjs.com/

if you want it to work offline too, then you need something like Cordova (PhoneGap) - https://cordova.apache.org/ - that also provides plugins that allow your javascript code to talk to local device APIs / services

anyway, even in that case you can use BuildBox for prototyping something quickly to get client approval on the concept (even if you use physics stuff you could use Box2D for javascript to do the same I guess). Who knows, maybe someday Buildbox will also sport an HTML5 exporter for making web apps

Bilz636 likes this.
  8. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

thanks for sharing great info.

my client did not maintained any feature he want, all he want to see is his restaurant app in apple n playstore lol so maybe i will have to add some features.

9. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

I will give you a secret for making code less app!!!Just visit I build app and then u will be surprised just do research and then create app by selecting right features and templates!!!I knw u will love it if u do than tell me!

10. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Also check out some of @OneHitGamer BB templates, some pretty cool navigation-based stuff. Might be helpful for you.

AppNasty likes this.
  11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Goal is too make tons of FREE templates for everyone to use. Got a bunch free up now. Good way to start and learn how we structured some of the games functions etc.

12. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yep it sounds like a bunch of UI elements with navigation boxes, no need World boxes. Google Maps is eventually a URL button, so when user tap on it maps app comes up...

Look up
    comgooglemaps:// url scheme for Android

and
    http://maps.apple.com/?ll= for iPhone/iPad

Having said that BuildBox is not made for this, you cannot easily create a multi line text nor left/right or full justification for text boxes. For score yes, but not for user text anyways. Not to mention that scrolling on a UI is not supported either, you have to implement manual paging across multiple pages if you cannot fit everything on a single one. So you might be able to do things but if there is a huge list of products I would not recommend doing that in BB...

13. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

This is how i am creating app by using BB. I am using Images instead text fields and multiple Ui to avoid scrolling
    I will show this app to my client only as demo to getting project. Original project, i am planing to create by using html n css.
    anyways, thanks guys you are awesome :)
    what price should i charge from them by very simple app like we can build in BB???

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 6.19.53 AM.png

14. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

i think maybe $150

15. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Looks straight forward. In my opinion the charge should not matter on how much time you need to spend on an app to develop. You can always say that it takes X hours of work therefore X * wage, however, that might not covering your knowledge, only your labor. Most of the times it is about how much it worth the customer to get the app done. Many times faster delivery is more costly for them, right? If you charge only your time, then it would be the opposite: They get a quick delivery time for less than a very long one for lot more... It should be the way around if you ask me.

However, it is just an advice in general: Before you do anything, you should negotiate the price, otherwise you will be cornered (you have already spent X amount of time on this and you want to get compensation for {some of} your time and costs...)

16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I do $500 for informational apps IF they wish to OWN it out right and i dont need to constantly update it for them etc. If they want to just have the app, NO source codes etc, and on your store or even their own, than i charge $150, than $50 a month if they need regular updates. Say they add a few new products a month or something. I can add them each time...takes minutes....than charge $50 per month. Easy street.

Bilz636 likes this.
  17. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

Just delivered a 1st app by buildbox to the client. he's satisfied by my work and made a payment :)

Thank You all guys :)
    I really Appreciate your advice n guideline :)

harislatif likes this.
  18. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I can do business apps with social media stream for any business
    for less than 100 USD.

Here are a few apps on iOS and Android I have done

PKTV
    and Kcosoft

https://itunes.apple.com/au/developer/paul-kerry/id538769030#

https://itunes.apple.com/au/developer/paul-kerry/id538769030#

with streaming youtube stream looking at comments, look at feeds from twitter, instagram and facebook. Done work for a few people round the world you don't need to pay 500 bucks for a business app, unless you need something really custom and specific.

19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I overcharge so i only get people that are serious. It works. If i am to just download a custom script site or pre-made app, then sure. 50 to 100. But i would rather charge 500 for those who are willing. They could hit up freelancer or something but most dont know about that. So they come to me.

Bilz636 likes this.
  20. JimmyChang

JimmyChang Boxer

Thats really nice information, thx a lot