Delay Bullet Spawn To Match Shooting Animation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by roosevelt, Apr 21, 2017.

1. roosevelt

roosevelt Boxer

Hi,

I have a character with a shooting animation of roughly 2-3 seconds long. I'm using the following settings:

upload_2017-4-22_2-11-27.png

The problem is, Buildbox fires the bullet as soon as the fire button is clicked -_- I want the bullet to spawn roughly 3 seconds after I press the fire button to match my animation.

Any tips, tricks or workarounds?

2. Foxium

Foxium Boxer

I have exactly same question. I tried with different methods none worked so far.

3. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Make the spawn rate timer higher

4. Foxium

Foxium Boxer

Not sure about the roosevelt but I tried that 100 or 1000 no difference at all.

5. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Try -3 ;)

6. roosevelt

roosevelt Boxer

Thanks for the tip but it actually made it worse, lol. Seems like inputting a negative value actually generates more bullets rather than delaying it.

Basically, what it should do is, the player would press and hold the fire button, and the bullet would spawn after few seconds rather than instantly. BuildBox does support the click and hold feature but it's spawning the bullet instantaneously :/

7. Foxium

Foxium Boxer

I was trying this for a week or two, different methods. I thunk its impossible to do this in BB. I was also trying to disable the Shooting or whatever action button for some seconds, but its also not supported.

8. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

Did anyone apply an alternative method for this ? The character in my game is a tennis player and when I fire it has to throw a ball and an animation should be played on character completely but if I fire again in the middle of the running animation , the animation stops and restarts which doesn't look good on my character.