Multiple Characters With Color Switch Possible?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by drew, Apr 9, 2017.

1. drew

drew Boxer

We are working on a new game that has a color switching aspect similar to color switch. We are using an action animation that replaces the character with a new color of that character. The issue we are having is that if we try to add new characters that are different shapes then the original the action animation still replaces that new character with the original one and we can’t have an individual action animations for each character shape. Does anyone know of a way to make this work?

2. drew

drew Boxer

Anyone have an idea how to do this? I'll buy you some beers if you can help ;)

3. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

I would like to know the answer to this too..

@drew - I am facing the same problem right now and I haven't found a way to fix it.. I have even tried using transparencies for the animations in the color changing action, but when you overlay them they just don't look OK -The colors mess with each other.

If only someone knew a way of making an action work ONLY for one character and not for the others we could find a solution to this issue.

4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Only way it can be done in buildbox is to have a different world for each character, and have an action for each character in there own world.
    So if you have ten characters you would need to duplicate your world ten times, Use single unlock for each character, and place a navigation button to its own world under the unlock button.
    But this then creates a large game file!!!!!!! But it will do what you want it to do.

5. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@playsgames6666 thanks for your answer..

what if instead of that we could get around the problem with the advance move option? in collision with a certain object change animation to the one we want? then we could add that object where the action is and set its opacity to 0.
    I just thought of this, I am not at the computer at the moment - so I am not sure if it might work or not.

6. drew

drew Boxer

7. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

@drew, no it didn't work sorry.. I ended up implementing all of the actions in separate worlds. It is not possible to have them all simultaneously in the same world.

8. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Yes it work the advanced move tricks to change multiple characters color like color switch but just with certain gameplays

9. drew

drew Boxer

@Benfont thanks for the update.
    @wesam_badr if you have any suggestions on how you got this to work using one world that would be great.

10. LordOz

LordOz Boxer

I am late to the party but, did any one find a solution for this??