Set Up A Level Complete Button (level Select)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Cornerbox, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Cornerbox

Cornerbox Boxer

Hi, So this is my simple level select.
    Level 1 is unlocked and 2-10 is locked.

When I complete level 1, level 2 will be unlocked, that is working great. But now I want a different button for completing a level. How can I achieve this?
    1 = level locked (available)
    2 = level unlocked (available)
    3 = level complete (not available)

I am missing a 3rd option? or does someone know a workaround for this?

[​IMG]
    Thanks! :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Cornerbox

Cornerbox Boxer

no one knows how to accomplish this?

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @Cornerbox, you can add a new UI and call it Level 01 Complete. Add an Event Observer to your existing game UI and this will open a link port so you can tell the event observer to link to your Level Complete UI when level 01 is finished. Add a next or continue navigation button to the completed screen so you can link it to world/level 02.

Do this for each level you want a completed screen for. You're likely to end up with a large (tall) game UI, but that's okay, this option gives you great linking options between all your UI's. Think of it more like linking pages of a website.

Game UI > Play Level 01 > Finish Level 01 > Level 01 Completed UI Screen > Continue button > Start Level 02 and so on.....

Hope that makes some sense?

Devilnai and Cornerbox like this.
  4. Cornerbox

Cornerbox Boxer

Hi Phill,
    First, many thanks for your reply! But the thing is, I want a "level complete button". This part you described is totally clear, thanks anyway :)
    I got that part ;)
    [​IMG]
    What I meant was the next thing..
    Level 1 is locked (image 1), after you unlocked it... it is playable (image 2) and when you finished (completed) level 1 it has a green checkmark, stars or something like that in it.
    The only option now is,...locked image and unlocked image.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. codybonnett

codybonnett Boxer

I implemented something similar to that before where I had a level locked image, unlocked image, and then stars that would show up after the level was beaten.

I did that by having 3 lock buttons on top of each other on the level select screen. The first was a cover basically which was the locked image, the 2nd was the actual level and the 3rd lock button covered by stars (which is a label with star font, displaying session score).

The unlock button for the stars cover was on the level cleared screen for that level. Attached some screenshots to help explain my gibberish.

Attached Files:

comicsmathias likes this.