I Want To Be A Publisher

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Arshpreet, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

Guys i have extra 800 Dollars in my pocket,that i want to spent i such a way that they will help Me in fiture ,should i spent That money On fb page and Get audience ?i want to build a Big page like ketchapp ,what are ur Suggestions,what should i Do with 800 Dollars should spend that money on a page with a Godd game or should i do something else.please be Creative and open Minded,please give Me Thoughts and suggestiond ,i really need Ur Help

2. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Honestly you might end up throwing that money away. Honestly spend a couple of months learning more about the game development community and ways to advertise games at a cheap or preferably free price. Take this from someone who was in your shoes a year ago. If you take my advice you will save a lot of money. That's one of the reason I stopped publishing; I also got a new job that requires a lot of my time and weekends so now I'm just leisurely making games.

SuperVudu and Arshpreet like this.
  3. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@Arshpreet Well, we noticed that many apps growing being promoted in Instagram accounts. If you want to be a published then it's a great way to start owning and improving your own Instagram account, for instance. Facebook page will be more difficult to grow than Instagram account. So, you can acquire current established account in Entertainment field and improve it on a regular basis. Then you will able to use your Inst acc to promote apps.

SuperVudu and Arshpreet like this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha yeah. That pretty much sums it up (unfortunately). $800 is just not enough to invest in marketing. You want to put there an additional zero at the end so you can really plan a campaign. The only thing I can think of are facebook ads. But it really depends on your game.

5. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

In my personal opinion the 800$ will help, but they're not essential if you want to have a fan page like Ketchapp has..
    You'd need to find yourself a target audience, or several
    You need to deliver something If you want your audience to grow and keep delivering so they will stick with you or at least keep you on their feed page ..
    Other than that, it'l snowball if done correctly , the more people that like your content the higher the chances of this audience grow into something bigger (fanbase page not only for content delivery but to obviously advertise whatever you see fit )

6. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

No such thing as extra money.

Arshpreet likes this.
  7. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

telerebor i just wanna give it a try,i have 2 game ideas those are My dreams that i want to Turn Into games and for that I Need budget,thats why i thought i should do some smart work,but i am not that samrt that why i asked community If there is any chane To utilize money to earn money,but i got ur advice i will keep that in mind

8. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

taepovt that was a great and Unique Advice,i was looking Something Like that,i will research On That part,Thank U :D

justforward likes this.
  9. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

Christoph hey thanks buddy for Suggestions,i know money is less but thats why i asked That i need creative advice :D

10. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

11. ReviewApp4U

ReviewApp4U Boxer

Hi, guys!
    I think you don't have to spend 800 dollars to build a big page. Admittedly, Facebook is a good way to advertise your game app and gain more audiences of your game, but the result of that is not good enough. If you want to promote your app fast and effectively, maybe you should try to so ASO work:

ASO is the abbreviation of “App Store Optimization”, it’s the process to optimize apps to rank higher in the app store’ search results. The higher the app ranks in the app stores’ search results, the more visibility for app potential users. Also, the more traffic to your app will be led.

·Design a beautiful Icon
    A beautiful icon will leave deep impression to the people who see it, which is also useful for attracting people to download and try your app. Besides the icon, comfortable app screenshots and awesome app video also has a very important effect on the app ranking in the app store.

·Create a quality title
    According to the Google Play Store data, it shows that the title contains keywords can improve 10.3% ranking in the app store, so be sure to put the main keywords in the title.

·Get high ratings

Only 15% users would like to download those apps with 2 ratings, and 50% users would like to download those 3 rating apps. However, 94% users would like to download those 4-5 rating apps. In order to increase your app download rate, you need to take the following measures.

Guide those users who have downloaded your app and uses well to rate your app. Take seriously of those ratings below 3 stars.If it’s a malicious attack from competitors or other people please report it to Google Support.
    Use the professional ASO service of ASO companies, they can provide more professional service for you and help your app ranking rank top in a pretty short time.

Gather good reviews

Good reviews is also very important factor in app promoting, users will leave good reviews for your app for its good functions or beautiful interface, so make sure design and code your app as well as you can. If you tried everything that you could but still cannot get enough good reviews then you also ask paid-review company help you, just like BestReviewApp, it will help you access a lot of users and leave a good review for you.

Do keywords research
    the quality of keywords affects your app ranking. However, promoting the quality of keywords is a tough task, including the relevance, competitive, localization and plural. So, it is necessary to optimize your keywords using some effective ways. If you have enough budget, you can buy keywords search installs from a reliable app store optimization company, like ASOTOP1, to promote the search ranking of your app.

Wish this methods will be useful, in terms of you have enough budget, doing aso work is very necessary and suitable for you. Good luck!

Arshpreet likes this.
  12. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

ReviewApp4U thanks Buddy for Explaining that well,i will focus on This and will try to make a Great Aso Possible, Thanks ofr giving Ur time and giving proper and that big Explanation Lol,no One Does that For others,Heartily thanks

13. NexxStudio

NexxStudio Boxer

Everyone is trying to be a "publisher" these day. I think the more important question beyond $800 is, what advantage do you have that a game developer might not have themselves?

1) Have you established yourself as a successful developer? Fan following, etc.
    2) Are you extremely familiar with games development and can add value to the games you work with?
    3) Do you have any existing contact within Apple / Google Play that would help get a game featured?
    4) Do you have existing relationship with any game reviews site that will provide coverage to the game you're publishing?
    5) Do you have $20,000 or more in marketing fund that will help give a boost to the game you publish.

If your answer is NO to any of the question above, you should instead focus on those areas before trying to help others.

To use Ketchapp as an example, they did not started out as a publisher. Their games (2048 port) got really popular first before moving on to publishing for others.

bmsingha, Aaron F, andre_sprs and 2 others like this.
  14. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

NexxStudio that was a really Great reply Sir,i Got your Point,i will work On those all and one Thing I really wanna Know that how to be a friend with google Play or apple

15. ReviewApp4U

ReviewApp4U Boxer

Hi, Arshpreet!
    Pleasure, I am working on app store optimization. I recommended you some other forums about app promotion, like Blackhataso, Makemoneywithandroid. I have published some other posts on this forums, wish these will be helpful to you.
    If you have any question about app store optimization, feel free to contact me!

Arshpreet likes this.
  16. NexxStudio

NexxStudio Boxer

It gets back to the #1 point I brought up. Make good products, when you have established yourself, they will notice you and reach out.

Arshpreet likes this.
  17. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

ReviewApp4U srry for late Reply ,i tried That blackhataso and got my app banned From appstore Lol,i will contact u when i will be able To afford u

18. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

damn I Didnt think about that,u are Really Eye opening THanks Again But cant Thank U enoguh and Really Sorry For late Reply

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

In general: don't do anything illegal and if you do, NEVER do it by itself. If you do ASO burst or anything similar, Google or Apple will notice. They always do. And they will ban your app or even worse, your account or you as a person doing business with them. If you decide to do something you have to be aware of the consequences. Would you want to do business with someone who scams you? Of course not. Well, Google and Apple either.

What is it you are offering @ReviewApp4U?

playsgames6666 likes this.