Reward Coins/points For Killing Enemies [bbdoc]

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Christoph, Jul 11, 2016.

1. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

Can you make the Enemy drop a coin after death or have a crate once smashed drop loot?

2. carlosabreu1981

carlosabreu1981 Boxer

@Christoph you should make a video tutorial for this, the community is requesting it from you,
    :D

3. Aksoy

Aksoy Boxer

Thanks for the reply. I figured out the mistake I was making.
    Step 8. Instead of copying the action from the game field, I was copying it from the panel icon on the left.
    Works brilliantly! Thank you!

JoeWilson and Christoph like this.
  4. Aksoy

Aksoy Boxer

That'd be amazing. I would also like to find out

5. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Just a quick note on this... step 8 is a must.

I made my first enemy which was working fine using the exact instructions and later came back to back another enemy the same way but have been scratching my head as to why it would work. You have to copy and paste the action into the defeated animation, drag and drop won't work.

Also, I've been struggling with trying to get enemy's to drop other actions/power ups but it just doesn't want to behave. I can get a power up to drop for a moment and then it vanishes. It seems that the power up in only on the game field for about a second before it is removed. Which is why the action for counting enemy points needs to be (as Bernie Sanders says) YUGE! So that you character will pick it up immediately.

If anyone else has managed to get power ups to drop please let me know.. it would be a cool thing to add to any game.

{EDIT: I just saw that @Aksoy posted the same thing. Sorry for the redundant comment}

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, you are right. Power-ups do not work. But what I would do is hide the power-up behind the enemy and once you kill it, the power-up is revealed. If you have a moving enemy, make sure you link the action towards the enemy. Because if you link the enemy to the action it will disappear as well once the enemy dies. This works pretty good I think.

JoeWilson likes this.
  7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, thank you, great job.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

This is a very late reply - 6 month late... Sorry for that just saw this today, and it seems no reply for this.

So the trick is to create an object which has a default animation with the Action Coin and the sprite has opacity 0 so that is invisible. Then you place that object into the death animation with spawner set to 999 and make sure the object is a decoration, no killing, no collision etc.

After that your enemy will drop the object which obviously contains the coin you can collect...

SuperVudu likes this.
  9. nico

nico Boxer

10. Minhaus

Minhaus Boxer

For me it is not good way... buildbox limit everything of functions for user to making their game. When I want to do something with my game And searching in this forum, there is a solution but not straight solution, need to go round of functions to make it work... terrible of software like unprofessional, hope they will improve better in the future

11. Gergis Fawzy

Gergis Fawzy Boxer

12. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

I can do this from a template in the video. I cannot do it from my own game as it doesn't have a death animation.
    ive tried adding one but it doesn't work.
    Any solutions??

13. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Edit: after some tweaking I found that after doing everything I placed an enemy over what I wanted hit and set opacity to 0 and worked

14. AJAYBH

AJAYBH Boxer

I shoot the animation but enemy didn't give point.

15. LitjiT

LitjiT Boxer

Hey Christoph, It's so awesome hacking, it's work! But so sad for my game, basketball game, it has to be respawned for repeating score again and again. Anw, thank you so much for your help. That's cool man.