Someone Stole My Game Again...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AaroArts, Mar 26, 2017.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So... this happened a few months back, where someone completely stole my app from the App Store and just re-uploaded it twice without even changing my assets.

This time, they've copied one of my more popular games... and are SELLING IT on CODE CANYON!
    It even has my title animation left in!

I stumped across this in Google images as I was searching for new Buildbox games.

Just look:

SKY CASTLE (my game):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LAZY CLONE:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The worst part is, they stole my assets and made them look poop AND they're selling the template on CODE CANYON here and here. AND PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT IT! WHATTT

There's a video of the clone here.

This is just getting stupid.
    Surely there some form of encryption BB can add before it's exported to xCode?

I wouldn't even be mad, but they are stealing my assets too, which take me as long to make as it takes to develop the game itself, in some cases.

Maybe the only way to avoid this it sell my own templates... at least that way buyers would get the original!

Also, I only found out about this randomly, imagine how many clones of our games are out there that we haven't even found.... :(

2. MakeitBig

MakeitBig Boxer

man wtf are u doing, that game is so awesome, did u contact code canyon??????? wow this is so sad, why arent u going: " I will find you and k .." ?

3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Hi, don't sell your own work, specially if you made it for publishing on appstore only .
    The next release (2.2.x) provides fixes and/or workarounds for: ( by Andy )
    1) resetting scores in a World
    2) Android back button
    3) some multi-tasking sound fixes
    4) optional BBDOC security
    why optional ? because not all boxers want security and not all games require security, and if security brakes something or makes load times ridiculously slow, we need to be able to disable it.
    I advice you to not be bothered by those stupid people , or try to contact codecanyon to remove your game, and don't worry they respond fast.

this happened with me, but my game wasn't stolling, someone bought my source code and uplozd it for sell with a different name .

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

True, good point.
    Hopefully this optional BBDoc security is out soon.
    I'm glad they're working on it.

Yes.
    Did you have to issue a DMCA takedown to CodeCanyon?

Thank you :)

5. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

You only need to contact them with your request and original game link, and they will remove your game in no time

6. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

This is a serious copyright infringement and I believe they MUST be punished accordingly or it will never end

7. yama_zi

yama_zi Boxer

i heard that there's a way to secure your app and hide your ads to not removing from this guys you can do some research in YT