Square Stacker Gameplay Type Questions

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AppNasty, Dec 28, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

OK, so in the Square Stacker gameplay type, I got a few questions.

1. How is it when the drop block collides with the platform at the bottom, that the game ends? Ive deleted everything in the scene and it still ends the game. When i look at properties for the drop block and the invisible platform...there isn't anything special. they both are set to DESTROY ALL. But when i replicate this in other games, they just kill each other and game doesn't end. So how the hello kitty is the game ending!?

2. On the platform that your blocks drop onto, it gives you 1 point. After clicking on the block that rewards points, again, i see nothing special. Its just a normal block so how in the world is it rewarding you points when the drop block hits it?

SuperVudu likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Bizump

3. dima.shev

dima.shev Boxer

Dude same questin here...when I dropped a png into the platform object...it stopped adding a score.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Still havent figured it out lol

5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

1- inside the drop block object there is a hidden action that's what reward the player when the drop block collide with the platform it get damaged as the platform has a damage component so it added a point to the score
    2-how the game end? when the drop block collide with end game object one kill each other as you said but what you didn't realize that when end game get killed it release a bullet that kills the character the bullet it inside defeated animation of the end game object.

by the way this a game it doesn't work properly in 2.2.9 beta I don't know why the drop block image keep vanishing when it collide with the platform object

Xoctrebla and SuperVudu like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The BBDOC needs to be updated as it was affected by a bug that was fixed. The update will be in the next release.

7. gheorghe9512

gheorghe9512 Boxer

Hi @Andy will introduce admob rewarded video ?

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@gheorghe9512
    We will be adding to the rewarded video options... probably one of the first things after 2.3 is done.

sysads and gheorghe9512 like this.
  9. Allanuk

Allanuk Boxer

Hi guys whilst there was a question on the square stacker could anybody point me in the right direction for my problem, its just the standard square stacker you load from beginning but my problem is when the drop box hits the platform you score increases by 1 point all fine, I have a event observer set so when you score is 12 you go onto a new screen saying well done press key to go next level, when the drop block hits the hidden platform at the bottom you get directed to a end game screen all ok, my problem is when the drop block collides with the platform you get a point on your score but if the box wobbles and drops off you still get the point this is ok if you have not reached the required number to move next level , but if it has my game crashes its takes you to the well done next level screen but also the end game kicks in and freezes the game and you need to restart the whole game again ? I know its something simple but I`m total newbie to this and finding my feet so push in right direction would be a great help...thanks guys

10. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Thanks!!! I was trying to figure this one for a bit. Shoulda been hitting the forum. Thanks again!