Basic Settings Question

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by rnahowe, Mar 17, 2017.

1. rnahowe

rnahowe Boxer

I am working on a platformer type game with a running character ... I can't figure out/remember the setting to make the character stop when the forward/backward button is released. I know this is in the video documentation somewhere and I'll bet this question has been asked here somewhere ... but I don't wanna spend the time digging through all that to find the answer ... thanks for any assistance.

2. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

For example when you choose the option "Advanced Move", you will see an option that you can mark that is called "Active on Release".

3. rnahowe

rnahowe Boxer

Thanks for the reply, but I still get the same result. The "Idle Character" image continues to move in the same direction after releasing the button.

4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

In "Advanced Move" there is an option called "Timeout", if you set it to 0, it will always work. If you put 1, it will only do it for a second. If you set it to 0.5, it will only half a second.

5. rnahowe

rnahowe Boxer

Thanks for your replies, but I still have the same result.

6. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Have you got the Idle animation as Default Animation? I once had the Move animation as Default, so it didn't mattered if I was stopped or moving, visually was always same animations looping