Question About Buildbox And Exporting Binaries

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ilovelessons, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ilovelessons

ilovelessons Boxer

Hi,

I am new to buildbox and I was reading an article that said the following on the following website:

http://appdeveloperstartup.com/my-buildbox-review-for-mobile-game-development/

" You cannot export the binaries for those platforms.

And I think this is an important distinction that needs to be addressed. This is probably the only sticking point in my opinion with what is marketed and what the software can actually do.

I think it’s slightly disingenuous to claim to be able to EXPORT to them, when many people don’t realize you’re still going to need the development environments for those platforms in order to compile the final binary.

Ok. Buildbox folks have a solution.

That is, they refer you to what appears to be an unaffiliated offshore development company to compile them for you. For one low price per binary, per app. It’s not huge, $25 per binary, per app, as of the writing of this article. But it’s not ideal, and I do wish they would have spelled this out at least a little bit up front.

That said, if you have all of the dev environments, you can create binaries and publish to your heart’s content. You just have to know how to do that. If you don’t, you’ll have to find someone who can. Bummer. But not the end of the road. Enough said about that.
    "

Like I said I am new. Has Buildbox resolved this issue? SO does this mean for every game I want to publish I will have to spend an extra $25? Can someone clear this up please. ???

Thanks

2. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

If you don't know how to convert your game from Android/iOS compilers to mobile device then you need some one to do it for you and that wont be free.

Actually transferring your game for BB to compiler then to mobile device is easy but needs a bit of time.

Example

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

It's not for every game you want to publish.
    It's for each version for each platform.
    For example you create version 1.0 of your game.
    If you want to test it on your device you will need to connect your Mac/PC with the device and do some steps in developers environment like X-Code for Apple or Eclipse or Android Studio for Android. And it is worth to check your game on device before uploading to stores.
    Let's say your game is OK and you want to put it to stores so you will pay the price for AppStore, if you want Android version for Google Play you will pay next price. If you will find some bugs - and you will for sure - you will need to create an update. So you will have to pay again for both versions. If you want to change ad networks because you will find better solution for monetizing you will have to create another update and pay again. And again and again. So be prepared to invest, money or your time - to learn how to create files for stores by yourself because it's not so hard after all but you will spent some frustrating time on it if you are not a programmer. I think the best option is to find other developer and join forces with him because BB doesn't offer all possibilities you probably need, like there is only one global score you can export for leaderboards. If you want eg. 3 different scores for 3 different game modes you will need a programmer to do it in code environment. And there are more examples like that.
    But the fun playing your own game on a device is worthless :D