Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by 5petersonzachary, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Im trying to create a game in which the player is on a unicycle and u tap left or right to start leaning that way, but i can't figure out how to make it so when u tap left or right the player starts to lean the direction the player is tapping. Does anyone know how to achieve this in build box or if they even have an example of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Are you wanting the character to be able to fall off if too far?

3. 5petersonzachary

Yes I do want the character to fall off

4. 5petersonzachary

I tried messing around in build box but I couldn't really get things to work. I need help

5. GrootRage

GrootRage Boxer

this is coming from a newbie so bare with me...

1: click that navigation tab (top left) then double click on world UI
    2:click characters on the left and add a character button on either side of the screen.
    3:click on the buttons on the playing field and add a component action to both (make sure to name the buttons on the top right after clicking them)
    4:go back to navigation tab and double click on world
    5: in the objects tab on the left click on your unicycle then bottom right click add component-advanced move (2 times)
    6:under the advanced move tabs you created on your UNI click event and select the left button on one and right button on the other
    7: add some angular velocity to those advanceds movements (start low like .2)

you might want to make the frame of your unicycle and the wheel different peices so that the unicycle actually moves left and right instead of jsut turning. for this youll have to activate connection mode on the top right and connect the frame to the wheel and then make the wheel preset a wheel...if that made sence.

Thats where i would start.

6. GrootRage

GrootRage Boxer

these forums arent as active as i would like, since im brand new as well...Trust me when i say the more you mess around with the program the better you will be at finding solutions to your own problems! but im always here to help when i can!

5petersonzachary likes this.
  7. 5petersonzachary