Aso + Keyword Push Campaign Revenue

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by danielhannih, Mar 6, 2017.

1. danielhannih

danielhannih Boxer

Hi guys,

I wanna share some experience we made with ASO und push campaigns for our iOS game.
    We had a budget of 2000€ (2100$) and decided we put all the money into the keyword push campaign.

I can't tell you which game and which keywords, but we were hunting for trending games (NOT big name games like example Clash of Clans).

We run the campaign for 3 weeks and the results were awesome. So pretty good ROI I guess:

IMG_5846.PNG

bmsingha and Christoph like this.
  2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hi @danielhannih, numbers look awesome, congrats!

What do you mean by "keyword push campaign" btw? How does that work? Is that on Android or iOS or both?

3. danielhannih

danielhannih Boxer

ASO in the games category doesn't work that great like doing ASO for a normal application, but still, it has impact!

@trudnai for example: you choose 1-2 keywords and the result of the campaign is that you rank on those keywords in the top 10.
    And yes, for both iOS and Android. But we only did it for iOS.
    If you want further info, dm me.

Hope this helps!

bmsingha and Christoph like this.
  4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

what service you used

5. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

sent you a pm :)

6. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Great case. Did you use ASODesk for that purpose?

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, have to point this out since this thread is getting more attention. While it is nice to share experiences and knowledge, what Daniel here is doing is not so nice.

His post is not a case of his own, but rather from his company where he works (and probably not even true or related to ASO + keyword push tactics). In fact, Daniel sells ASO service + Keyword push campaigns (he is the creative director). So when you pm him he will give you the name of the company with which he supposedly hired for his own not named game, but in fact it is his own company. This is false and hidden advertising trying to catch some of us boxers who are willing to do everything it takes to get a revenue like he points out. I wrote to the CEO of the company asking him how they do the ASO keyword push, if with bots or other techniques, and he didn't reply to me anymore because I asked him as well about the fact that the only games (case studies) they show off on their homepage are the ones from Daniel. One (a flappy bird clone) was banned from the appstore and the playstore which is why I asked him about the illegal bots. I also asked directly Daniel why he did this false advertising post trying to trick fellow boxers into thinking that something like that would work but he didn't reply anymore. So hopefully he joins this thread again and talks honestly about his intentions and what his company is about. Otherwise I would suggest you all that you better don't believe a word.

This are the companies:
    https://appradar.com/ (aso service platform)
    https://appers.co/ (aso keyword push campaigns)

Also, I was researching for the last 1.5 months different marketing campaigns and techniques and ASO keyword push campaigns for the Appstore are very bad and highly illegal. They all end in getting your app banned in the end. So if you do this, do it with an account you don't care about. A lot of companies who offered ASO keyword push campaigns before now don't offer it anymore because of this. For Android it is still a thing, but you need to be careful as well. I haven't found 1 company who really does NOT use bots for this purpose. So it is recommended that if you use it, to use together with other marketing campaigns that bring in organic installs. So the bots installs are hidden somehow.

Hope that helps. Just can't see that someone takes advantage of fellow boxers. If I'm mistaken don't hesitate to correct me Daniel. I'd love to be wrong in this case.

cegdkye, justforward, blad300 and 3 others like this.
  8. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

thanks. But we all know the "Inspect Element" Function. :)

9. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@Christoph thank you so much for clarification. now everything is clear.