Need Help With A Couple Things

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Mike159, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Mike159

Mike159 Boxer

Hey there!

I'm new at game development, and for my first game I'm trying to create a downward isometric game like ball jump. I've ran into a few issues. I will list them below:

1) When I jump, it seems like the ball will go backwards a little bit. I can't figure out what is going on with that.
    2) I'm trying to have the blocks move up and down, I got that almost figured out. But I can't jump over the second block as seen in the video. I've watched a couple of videos on this, and they keep using "Game Frame Settings" and I can't seem to find where that is.

Here are the screenshots for my set up right now:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Instead of just telling me how to fix it, I would appreciate if you could just push me in the right direction so I can figure it out. (I can't learn if everyone tells me what to do ;))

Here is a video whenever it's uploaded so it shows exactly what is going on.

2. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

3. Mike159

Mike159 Boxer

When you say the direction of the character, do you mean change that in the Advanced move section? If so, If I change any of that, my character doesn't jump and moves really slow.

And here is a pic of the collision editor for my blocks.
    [​IMG]

4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

Have you tried putting the collision on the left side? The one that is darker red.

5. Mike159

Mike159 Boxer

Didn't know that, will try it when I get Home! Also, I still can't figure out the direction of the character? Would it be in the ghost movement section? (I think it's called that)

6. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

If you create a ghost jump, you must move the character's collision frame upwards.

7. Mike159

Mike159 Boxer

Upwards? Oh man.. What section would the character direction be in?

8. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

I say that if you use ghost jump, you must do this:

[​IMG]

To avoid collision since it is a ghost jump, it is not real.

9. Mike159

Mike159 Boxer

Alright, so I tried moving the collison on the blocks to what you said, that doesn't work. Just makes the ball roll off to the side. I also tried adding the ghost jump, and messing with the settings but it still does the same thing.

EDIT: I figured it out! And it fixed both problems! I had the air drag set to 40 and 0. I changed that to 0 and 15, now it's jumping perfectly and jumping over the blocks!

10. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

That frame of collision was for the character, not for the rest of objects.