How To Jump From Side To Side

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe

Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe Boxer

Hello there, OK so here's my query. I'm making a downward isometric game, but i need to know, how can i make the character, jump from side to side. I know the whole putting a jump button and stuff like that, but my actual problem is with the collision shapes. I can't jump up, and my character will also have a hard time moving down because of the collision shapes from the right.

If the character is coming down, and there's an object coming at it from the front, and they want to switch lanes and jump onto the platform besides it, how would i be able to achieve something like that?

I've attached a screenshot to give you the basic idea of what it is i'm trying to achieve

Attached Files:

2. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

3. Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe

@Appymes Thanks for the response, but you see yours has the platform infront of the other, but i want them to all be in the same row, but now, with the character jumping from side to side when moving downwards, or are you insinuating that i just fix the jump collision shape of the character, so that when they jump, they can go above that collision shape?

4. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

5. Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe

Oh alright, i see what you're saying. Nice game by the way. But what if i was trying to have my character just move down on it's own. Like lets say in your game 'Crossy Animal', that duck was just moving straight on its own, would what i'm trying be achieved more or less, because ideally, the character would just be moving off the platform correct if i were to try and do that

6. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

That is, it moves in one direction always? Even if you do not press any buttons?

7. Le 'Dog Sauce' Monroe

Yeah, like the character is just moving in one direction completely and i'm not pressing any button. It moves in that direction automatically.

8. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

9. cameronx

cameronx Boxer

any update?