How to auto unlock level/world when world is acquired(Menu Jump-Logic).

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by johnocampo89, Jun 23, 2016.

1. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

i learned how to lock levels on level select screen, but is there a way to auto unlock them without purchasing, it just auto unlocks when the level/world is entered. TIA :)

2. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

I fixed that like that-
    1. I added a menu jump at the end of the scene/world and named it next level/world like that.
    2. Opened a new UI. There are two ways the player can reach this UI, one by clicking purchase button from game over UI or by playing the whole world (when the character passes the menu jump)
    3. In the new UI, added a new lock button with the following settings - function default, unlock by in game currency of 0, auto follow checked, auto locked checked, destination is next scene (for level type game) or menus (for world select type game)
    4. Also added an unlock logic piece to unlock the button associated with the world or scene.

I think it's a complicated process. I found no way around. If anyone find better, please feel free to share.

johnocampo89 likes this.
  3. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

Thanks a lot for that! I was able to have what i want for my game! Thanks Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  4. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

@tanvir8955 although i noticed something.. players can still bypass levels when they're in level select UI, they can click/tap any levels and unlock them for the declared currency is 0.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  5. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

Deliverbo likes this.
  6. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

You are welcome :) Did you followed my steps? or you tried something new? I am stack at this problem and even changed one of my games to endless due to the complexity and bulky UI.

johnocampo89 likes this.
  7. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

I just followed your steps.. It worked well.. but yeah though i also got bulk UI due to every level/world that i have, has clear level UI. That's where i placed the unlock logic piece. see screenshot red rectangle were i put logic piece.
    [​IMG]

8. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

yap thats the reason ... and beside that you have to take user from main menu to world/level select UI.. and to add more worse you can not just begin from where you left off... for such huge disadvantage I converted my game to endless.. BB should take necessary steps for these type of games like Tap tap dash... however if your world is same with common bg and character you can create single world by merging the other worlds (assuming one world contains one scene) into scenes of same world.. that would reduce the UI complexity..however depends what you want to do :D

johnocampo89 likes this.
  9. johnocampo89

johnocampo89 Avid Boxer

Ohh so that's how it its.. we can't begin from where we left off.. that sucks! so how to convert game to endless? i would agree that bb should do something about this. but thanks a lot anyway. :)

10. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

Using same method, however - was looking for a way that the new level (/scene) will start automatically, without having the user clicking on the unlock-button.

tried removing "block touch" and/or "auto lock"... wasn't that. got any idea?

11. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

Are you trying to do like-
    Play button > Begin from where left off

You can achieve this by designing your levels as continuous scenes, placing an action of "start checkpoint" at the end/start of each scene and setting your play button property as "restart checkpoint"

If that is not the case, please elaborate. I may be able to help. :)

12. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

Thanks for trying to help.
    I'll try to explain, the goal is simple:
    the game frame is still / hit a menu-jump / start next level right away (without clicking anything)

at first I've made each level in a separate world, hit menu-jump, takes you to the next world. worked all fine.
    however, BB has an issue with keeping score while traveling through worlds, so if there's no option of showing the "high score", basically there's no game there.

I had to find a way to keep all the levels in the same world. so I've created them as scenes.
    made it that way - start playing in the game world, hitting the menu-jump, which is linked to a new UI, in the new UI there's an unlock-logic and a lock-button which is linked back to the game world.
    as you can see in the screenshot attached.

Untitled-1.png

now it all works fine, as far as the score counting, and the game proceeds from scene to scene when hitting the menu-jump.
    however, as when finishing the level (/hitting the menu-jump) takes the user to this UI,
    the user must CLICK that lock-button to proceed to the next level (/next scene)
    that single click really hurts the flow of the game, but couldn't find a way to skip it.
    any ideas?

13. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

up.
    anyone?

14. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

15. tanvir8955

tanvir8955 Avid Boxer

@Trudeau Glad it helped you :)

Note: If you click on my user name, a short bio pops up and you can see I am a male. :p

16. Selasu

Selasu Boxer

Does anyone else experience very slow load times for level based games that use this solution for UI's? By load time I mean the time it is loading during the splash screen. Buildbox doesn't do very well when you add a lot of UI's..

17. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

@Selasu I've noticed this too! I know theres shorts cuts for navigation buttons like back jump and back, but those don't work correctly when you have many different UI's leading to one.

Maybe nav buttons could have UI titles to select from the drop down, instead of having nodes running all over the place.