How To Get My Game Leaderboards Working On Amazon And Google Play?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jdhl_tech, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

1. How do I get my game into Google Play Game Services Leaderboards? Is there a guide or video training on this?
    2. How do I get my game into the Amazon GameCircle Leaderboards? is there a guide or video training on this?

Where are the guides and video training's on setting this up??? ;) :) :(

2. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Where are the guides and video training's on setting this up??? ;):):(

3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Search Google, you tube. there are many tutorials online, how to set google play games and leaderboard

4. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Yes but specifically for a Build Box Game both on Amazon and Google Play I have been unable to find anything.

5. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

I think I setup the Leaderboard on Google Play but my friend tested it for me on his Android and said the button doesn't work. Can somebody please test the Leaderboard button on the main menu for me I only have an iPhone and Amazon Fire Tablet.
    Also according to my friend only the ads work but none of my in-app products work. :(
    Here is my app on the Google Play Store: Pomchi Paradise
    Thanks for any help or advise....Regards, James

6. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

I guess I need to complete this process in order to have a working leaderboard in GameCircle on Amazon but i've been stuck for 5 hours.
    Generate an API key for Fire / Android
    API key name
    - This is generated for me so I think it's ok
    Package name - I think I have this one
    MD5 Signature - The certificate I tried to use is the one I used to sign my game from eclipse but it won't work
    SHA256 Signature - The certificate I tried to use is the one I used to sign my game from eclipse but it won't work either

Any tips on how to get this done would be greatly appreciated.

7. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Did you put your game service ID in build box settings and also leader board ID in build box settings?

Jdhl_tech likes this.
  8. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Hi playsgames6666, thanks for the reply back!

I did put the leaderboard ID in the buildbox settings but don't see any place to put game service ID under the Application Store (Amazon App Store) and because the leaderboard is not working correctly on my Fire Tablet I was thinking I need to generate the GameCircle API that I skipped over but I'm unable to enter the signatures certificates because it's not the correct format. So I seem to be dead in the water. :)

Seems like Buildbox would have a simple guide on this to save us a bunch of wasted time... :)

9. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

With Amazon, you need to create your Game circle Leaderboard. You don't need to worry about signatures etc.

Your leaderboard ID should be the com.yourcompanyname.yourgamename
    Then generate the API Key and paste it at the bottom where it says Amazon API Key.

Now - because your game isn't actually live, it will not work on your Amazon device (because of the signature) - but Amazon sort all that out their side to make it work.

This is the method I use and works a charm!

Jdhl_tech likes this.
  10. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Thanks for the reply spicedbeangames,

The whole problem is I can't generate the GameCirle API because it won't take my MD5 Signature or my SHA256 Signature because It says it does not match the required pattern and that's what I go into detail above. I have created the Leaderboard but it won't work until I guess I generate that API....Any tips on how to get this done would be greatly appreciated.

Again it seems like Buildbox would have a simple 5 step guide on how to do this....this is crazy :)

11. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

12. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Thank you kind sir that just might be very helpful. :) Must sleep now but first thing I will try...Thanks

I finally was able to get my Leaderboard working on Google Play (trickiest part was the 5 achievements I had to create that I have no idea how to actually implement into my game...And I used MEmu to test it....now I will focus on Amazon and GameCircle API...tomorrow of course :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  13. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Thank you spicedbeangames...That video was very helpful in allowing me to generate the GameCircle API Key that I then added to my BB game. Now I just have to wait for the updated version of my game to go live on the Amazon App Store to see if the leaderboard now actually works. :)

14. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Shoot it still logs me in as Guest User instead of my player nickname and I've tried getting the API Key two different ways and GameCircle configuration took them both but it still gives me the same result.

I have the following ticket in with Amazon App Support:
    My game Pomchi Paradise always logs me in as a guest user but when I play other games it uses my amazon player nickname. Again, when I play other games my player nickname is used but when I play my own game that I developed, GameCircle always logs me in as a guest user. How can I fix this issue? I thought I setup the correct API Key and it should be working now. All I have is a Leaderboard that I would like to get working. When I created the API Key I used the keystore file I'm using with eclipse when I exported my signed game...I also tried generating another API key from C:\Users\jdhl_tech\.android\debug.keystore but this also gives me the same results. Please advise what might be causing this issue...Thank you!

Just been waiting for a few days now but no answer from Amazon yet.
    If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know....Thanks :)
    Here is where the game lives if you want to see the issue for yourself: Pomchi Paradise

15. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

It looks like I'm a big dummy for trying 7 different versions uploaded to the Amazon App Store over the last 10 days with the same damn results of logging in as Guest User instead of an actual Player for GameCircle. just now I installed the buildbox game GLTCH and see that it has the same exact issue with GameCircle as logging in as a Guest User instead of a signed on player. So it looks like BuildBox version 2.2.8.0 is not compatible with GameCircle. I should mention that I'm using my Amazon Fire Tablet 8" HD to test these games and maybe it works on other devices installing from Amazon but I have no way of testing them as my Tablet and my Fire TV is all I have and it doesn't work at all on my Fire TV so the Tablet is all I can test with. This have been an extremely FRUSTRATING experience just trying to get the GameCircle to log me in as a Player instead of a Guest User so I can test my damn Leaderboard.

I just found another Buildbox game on Amazon and the game doesn't even login to GameCircle as a guest user and the Leaderboard button does absolutely nothing. Can anyone give me a link to a working Buildbox 2.2.x.x Game with GameCircle logging you in correctly as a player and you are able to get to a working Leaderboard....Please reply with a link because at this point I don't think Buildbox 2.2.x.x is compatible with GameCircle and at least my Fire Tablet 8" HD Device.

Again, if anyone has any other suggestions or advise please let me know....Thanks :)
    And again, here is where my game lives if you want to see the issue for yourself: Pomchi Paradise

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017