How Can I Spawn A Connectedgroup Of Objects?!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jayloh90, Jan 26, 2017.

1. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

Hi guys. I am building a game whereby i will be generating Knights with shields on them.

I need to spawn these knights together with these shields. therefore i need to spawn a ConnectedGROUP object. So far we can only spawn single objects.

As far as i know, i have experimented and played around with so many ideas it Just wont work. I can Spawn a Group of objects by manipulating PowerUps Offscreen but they will never be connected.

2. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

@Christoph @Andy @heathclose @playsgames6666 @brakewind723
    I don't think anyone can help but worth a shot. Haha.

I think that it won't be possible to spawn planes with bullets attached either. Read a previous post.

If no one has an answer then I'll have to build a workaround suboptimal game. :(

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Why can't you just place the shield in the knight animation? I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here?

If you want the shield to fall off when the knight dies - this is something easier done with animation.

4. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

Hi thanks for the reply.

Trying to make the two objects separate but move interlocked. Based on the main body of a knight. Like how the bullets are attached to a plane body.

Why it must be separate? Because i want the shield to take damage separately from the knight. This allows the knight to only be attacked from certain angles, with a bullet or arrow. Also it allows the shield to be destroyed with the knight remaining. And if the knight remains, the shield will die together.

If i were to edit and add a shield and a knight in one animation. They will just both die together. And this is not what i want.

Ive tested it and it works for platformers and runners since you can just place them down at the parts of the stage where you need them but not for my game because it requires me to spawn them.

Its not a common mechanic but in my case it makes my game much much more interesting

5. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

Its okay I gave up on the game. Too many issues Unable to solve in buildbox... =(

I really believe the game design for this game was a really winner though.

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I haven't tried this but regarding the shield.
    You can still create a new game object call it shield. Add a Health component to whatever you desire (3 hits, 5 hits etc) Then drag this in to your Knight animation.

So when the enemy attack the shield, it will have 3 hit points before being destroyed. You can add a death animation to the shield too, if you wanted to in the original game object.

Settings wise, you could try and make it a platform, or character bullet(but remove the velocity) but this is where you will need to play around to see if you can get it to work.

In my Trump game, I have an invisible platform attached to my main character a few pixels ahead, with 99999999k health. This absorbs the bullets so they don't over extend and kill everything before it even appears on the screen.