App Rejected - Intermediary Currency To Purchase Items That Function As Non-consumable

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AaroArts, Jan 17, 2017.

1. vallic

vallic Boxer

Have written note on both submission, and from iTunes disabled currency option before last rejection. But have now ask for additional explanations and will wait until they answer

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

3 Days to go into review only to be Rejected again.
    With this response:

From Apple

• 3. 1.1 BUSINESS: PAYMENTS - IN-APP PURCHASE
    Business - 3.1.1

We found that your app offers in-app purchase(s) that can be restored but does not include a "Restore Purchases" feature to allow users to restore the previously purchased in-app purchase(s), as specified in the "Restoring Purchase Products" section of the In-App Purchase Programming Guide:

"Users restore transactions to maintain access to content they've already purchased. For example, when they upgrade to a new phone, they don't lose all of the items they purchased on the old phone. Include some mechanism in your app to let the user restore their purchases, such as a Restore Purchases button."

To restore previously purchased in-app purchase products, it would be appropriate to provide a "Restore" button and initiate the restore process when the "Restore" button is tapped by the user.

Request a phone call from App Review

At your request, we can arrange for an Apple Representative to call you within the next three business days to discuss your App Review issue.

To request a call and ensure we have accurate contact information, reply directly to this message with a contact name and direct phone number to reach you.

I removed all IAP except Remove Ads, and there is a Restore button in the Settings, which I mentioned in the Review Notes!
    Why is this being so difficult? How can they miss it THREE TIMES?

3. vallic

vallic Boxer

Same here :(, as described above. I just waiting now for they reply on my message hopefully.

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

What did you reply to them? They never normally reply to mine.

I submitted a new version just now.
    I've removed all in-game transactions.
    So now I only have a point system for scoring, with no in-game coins/stars.
    1x IAP (remove ads) and TWO Restore buttons... Which I highlight thoroughly in the Review Notes.

If this one is rejected, I give up :confused:

5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi
    Hi,Has this issue been solved if so how? I have recently run to this problem and stuck.I have a level mode where user has to earn coins to unlock.But been getting 3.1.1 error :p .Does restore button in home screen of game would do ??

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I think I just removed all consumable IAP and responded to the Reviewer where to find the Remove Ads and Restore Buttons.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Has anyone tried to request a call back? It seems odd that Apple are randomly rejecting apps - and it seems to be totally random. Some get rejected because their game play isnt up to scratch - but on the app store you see a ton of new releases almost the same as your own game. Or, they reject your game for being a clone and again, you see a bunch of clones released.

It makes no sense.

8. TheGameAppStudio

Okay .So my game has levels (another world) that has to be unlocked with app currency.Restore button is on store page.I guess the problem is since users can't restore level if installed on another device though other in-app could be restored they keep rejecting app.So best was is to unlock level right?

Last year i had similar problem with one of my game.I updated my game four times with necessary changes and waited for 2 months until they requested to fix a call :) .I ignored that option purposefully as i am aware what the reason for rejecting the game and finally they scheduled a call.After a week i got call from their representative and they are really polite and i was impatient :) But its their store and small devs couldn't do anything though we have ton to point out and finally made changes as per their suggestion and as expected the game failed.
    Btw as soon as i posted my doubts here i stared making another thread for the same app(i mean the one which i got rejected recently).But i didn't post that thread and am glad you asked this :) (request call)
    My app was rejected for copycat and spam stating its looks similar to popular game.I know what they were referring.Its was in review for more than 1 month 7 days and got rejection.So i replied them back if this was the answer then they could have done the moment it was in review and not after a month also i said an individual developer doesn't have enough funds as the one(game) they were comparing and if i had i would top the charts and no matter what they would accept any game from my side :p .Also asked that if they had played my game before rejecting if so they wouldn't claim that to be similar.And finally they replied that they appreciate my suggestion and requested me to change marketing icon that is app icon for the game and they would consider for review.But my only thought is there isn't better icon that describes my game and if its similar in looks that isn't my concern.There are tons of similar game and icon apps but since i know the game that they were referring would be successful overnight and mine wasn't completed while they release i didn't copy same game play. I also asked then why they are monopolizing that's when they send me above suggestion :p.Now i need some ideas for icons.I think this thread would be perfect to discuss as it would be useful for other developers too :)

Btw i still have a dilemma whether to request for call again like last year for suggestion and make this game another grand failure :( .It would take more than week for them to call.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Personally, I'd stick to non-consumable IAP.
    You could either make the World an IAP, where they have to buy access or unlock the level when the player completes the previous level.
    If you would prefer to stick to unlocking with currency, I think Rewarded Videos would be better than consumable IAPs.

10. TheGameAppStudio

Okay thanks for the suggestion. Reward video is a big faliure for me.I have just unlocked the world and have re submitted .hope for the best.

11. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

You are right, by using NSUserDefaults, and by storing the data you can track the consumables. Apple has never questioned using this technique in any of my apps, but you are not able to use that when you choose BB. So you have to decide what is best, I'm a coder, many of my apps don't use BB and are strictly C# o Swift, but I often choose BB because it is much more efficient for specific types of games. If you choose to code than using IAP the way you describe is very easy and in fact there are hundreds of swift or C# tutorials showing you exactly how to do what you are looking for. But your entire project would have to be coded, since I am unaware of any hooks for BB that would accomplish it

12. TheGameAppStudio

Update : I resubmitted app with unlocking level but unfortunately it got rejected again with that 3.1.1 inapp guideline .They ask to add restore button even though the game has one already.My doubt is aren't they looking app carefully while reviewing .I have send them a screenshot on how to find restore button in my game.Hope they would consider .Really tired of this .

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh. It happens. It should get accepted this time :)

14. TheGameAppStudio

Hope so :(