End Of Game

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jdhl_tech, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

I have a simple one world game and when the character gets through all the checkpoint levels and hits the Menu Jump that I inserted into the final scene that also pauses current world the game goes directly to the End UI - End Of Game Screen. On this End of Game screen I have the Final Score, Share Button and Restart Game Button. The Restart Game Button is just set for Function Default but I have tied it to the Load Game Field in the Menu Editor and everything seems to work and the score gets reset back to zero and the game starts over when the user clicks on the Restart Game Button.

I created this post because I want to be sure I'm not missing something here.

I thought the Event Observer was needed or used somehow to end the game?

Is their a specific Buildbox Training Video that covers how to end your game?

I've looked for hours trying to find the answers to this both in the 2.0 User Manual and a bunch of training videos but I haven't found anything yet covering how to end the game if you want the user to finish up on an End Of Game screen.

Please advise...And thank you a whole bunch!!! :)

2. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Anyone? :)

3. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Game Over event observer will detect when the player dies in the game from an enemy. And then you can tie that to a UI for game over.

Menu jump is used to actually end a level and jump to a different UI or the same game over UI if you wish.

Christoph, Jdhl_tech and meremy like this.