Best Practices

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by hawktroopdoc, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Anyone have some successful advertising methods they use? I am lacking in this area horribly.

2. Spacelapp

Spacelapp Boxer

Do you mean monetize or advertise? I'm using AdMob and for me it's the best way for both monetize and advertise :)

nickm33 and Sean Buildbox like this.
  3. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Advertise. Outside of the app pretty much. Any lead up to the release, posting on certain forums, or getting video reviews.

nickm33 and Sean Buildbox like this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

nickm33 and erikjmayhew like this.
  5. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, the better to make himself known, are social networks, Facebook, Youtube, twitter, snapchat, forums, etc ...
    You have to have an account of every social network to publicize your games.
    Imagine you have 100 friends on Facebook, publish an article or a video of your game, of 100 people, 50 people shared among their friends, and their friends 25 others they publish more, all 175 people know your game potentially.
    Now apply that same Twitter, or forums, one week your game you can learn about 1,000 people doing nothing.

You can also use advertising crusade:

http://www.tappx.com
    http://chartboost.com/

nickm33, Sean Buildbox and Jamie like this.
  6. nickm33

nickm33 Boxer

I'm really curious about some of this stuff as well. As a very small developer I think the most crucial part of really good advertising is the cost. For us starting off or bootstrapping our whole operation with personal finances I think the free options are about our only way up, short of having some investor buddies. We should start a new thread devoted to diving into these free resources and may get a feedback loop going so the good people at BuildBox can make sure we can integrate and take advantage of these free options.

The one thing that made me think of that is the mention of www.tappx.com. It seems like a really amazing platform for us small guys to get moving upward, but it mentions an SDK integration. Does anyone have any insight as to how we could use this seemingly great platform inside of our BuildBox games.

I'd be really interesting in using it in my game Kitty Kites. I look forward to seeing what you guys thing.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Best of luck to all!
    Cheers!

Nick

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

8. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

tahnks for the case study , but do we need to setup the compaign for downloading and install or we also need to make sure that users opened and play the game ?

9. lekanoofficial

lekanoofficial Boxer

I advise appodeal.com

declanemery99 likes this.
  10. HungaryBoy

HungaryBoy Boxer

@lekanoofficial How do you make step 6. SDK Initialization and 6.1 Display Interstitial of appeal.com SDK. Thank you for tip on appeal.com

11. lekanoofficial

lekanoofficial Boxer

@HungaryBoy please contact support so all tell and show ) the Truth is available to us only a constant banner ads at the bottom !

12. lyangyu

lyangyu Boxer

Råd fra youtube og facebook, markedsføring

13. joshua_higgins

joshua_higgins Boxer

My strategy is to build an army first. Then advertise to them. As of right now, i run a bunch of facebook pages as well as promote my personal fb profile. All together i have about 8 million views, just posting random videos etc. On average about 80,000 views per video i put on fb. With most landing around half a million views. What this does is increase my facebook to the point that whatever i share, people share. Example, my page Gotham City Citizens...a batman page...racks in around 10 million views and rising. I ended up making nerdgiftshop website to market batman releated goods to those people. So now, if i post "hey, check out this game i made" they all just share like crazy. Increasing hits from all angles. One of my videos went from 390 views to about 200,000 in just 7 hours doing this. The bigger the crowed following and sharing you stuff, the more hits.